A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Interdressage August

Re: Interdressage August

Postby spottygiraffe » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:12 pm

Trudi wrote:I'm really impressed (again) by the standard in the Baroque.

I really must watch the other tests......
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:06 pm

Trudi wrote:Should have done the Baroque :lol:

I know, but I needed a bit of time to practise the trotting bits.......next time :)

BTW, does anyone know why the horse has to lower its head at the start and end of PH? I can't really see the point of it......
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:05 pm

Chevalblanc wrote:BTW, does anyone know why the horse has to lower its head at the start and end of PH? I can't really see the point of it......

I am guessing that it is to do with being able to lower their heads on command to put them into a chilled place. When they have their heads down it de-stresses them (releases pheromones I think). In theory they shouldn't go into 'flight' mode when their head is lower than their withers, but I can tell you it doesn't work with Izzie, who bolts from a grazing position :blink:

I have come on here to shout from the rooftops about how incredibly chuffed I am with my Baroque score and fantastic comments :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: I am so happy! We improved on our last score despite the major cock-ups and the judge (whoever she might be :lol: ) was so lovely about Izzie's potential. The thing that possibly made me happiest was that the connection is coming -I have been wondering if I have been doing enough work on getting her to take her weight back a little. And Nanouk's final cameo was spotted too -just noticed we need a halo smilie.
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:16 pm

Well done, Sarah :thumbup: And there was you calling it a "comedy entry"...... :roll:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:27 am

Sarah the comments were well deserved, you wouldn't have got them otherwise. It was such a shame that she was so wired but in parts it was contained enough to look pretty damned good. There was a general lack of consistency in the tests, some did great lateral work, some had great energy, some were beautifully grounded. Janet showed the most consistency and general flow throughout but you could all have been up there or thereabouts.
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:11 am

Trudi wrote:Sarah the comments were well deserved, you wouldn't have got them otherwise. It was such a shame that she was so wired but in parts it was contained enough to look pretty damned good

No, that's what makes it mean so much because I know you are a very fair and honest judge. Pretty damned good -I love that! Another big grin now :D

Chevalblanc wrote:Well done, Sarah And there was you calling it a "comedy entry"......

I know -I honestly thought that. But that is the beauty of this class because there aren't specific marks for each movement so even with a lot of cock-ups you can still score well enough for the good bits -which is incredibly encouraging and positive. I feel so motivated!
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Postby Bonbon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Well done Sarah, well deserved!! :goodjob: where's our party smiley? :D
Bonbon

Postby HighJinx » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:25 pm

Well done everyone that took part in Augs ID :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Sarah, I just love Izzys in hand trot so springy :love:
HighJinx

Postby spottygiraffe » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:48 pm

HighJinx wrote:Sarah, I just love Izzys in hand trot so springy

Thanks so much Janet. It is springy but absolutely out of control at the moment :lol: but Trudi has given me an exercise to help her contain it all a bit more. Basically lots of reinback to walk/trot. I have only just got round to watching your test and it was lovely -you must be delighted with your score. Clever you and clever Jinx :hurray:
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Previous

Return to Dressage