A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Hoof Geek

Hoof Geek

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:35 pm

Came across this website today, liked this article: http://hoofgeek.com/farrier-trim-vs-barefoot-trim/
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Hoof Geek

Postby M-E » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:39 pm

Loved the article :thumbup:
M-E

Postby Trudi » Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:41 pm

:thumbup: so true
Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:46 pm

I like that,very funny too :-D very glad to have Howard back doing the girls, its really nice to learn the whole hoof story,follow progress, not just be told they are too fat then watch the farrier remove what appears to be the entire underside of their hooves to' clean them up' . I never had a real problem with my farriers trim,as in no lameness etc and the shape looked nice but quite short, hes a good farrier I believe, but it was the growing out that seemed very flared and would tend to split more easy than with the barefoot trim. Howards trims show result as time goes on, rather than just repeating the same thing
Tess and Organza

Postby spottygiraffe » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:46 pm

I like that site and I so agree about the differences in trims. I think it's a really misunderstood are by people who do get their horses trimmed by a farrier. Of course not all farrier trims are 'bad' but in my experience barefoot trimmers take at least twice the time over the job and they have a more holistic approach. I like what Tess said about:
Tess and Organza wrote:Howards trims show result as time goes on, rather than just repeating the same thing

Howard came to trim my mares a couple of weeks ago and I love chatting to him about everything hoof-related.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Return to Feet