A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Transcend Bitless Bridle

Transcend Bitless Bridle

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:19 pm

So our Cotteswold Mounted archers sponsorship person (Nicola) has blagged us a couple of Transcend double bridles and cordeos and we tried them out today. Really nicely made, lovely soft leather, padded on noseband and headpiece. Didn't really have time to ride but got a few snaps. The double bridle has a simple sidepull rein (sidecue) and also a bottom rein on a curb strap. Looking forward to trying them out properly :-D

ImageWP_20170221_16_15_18_Rich (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr

ImageWP_20170221_16_21_24_Rich (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr

ImageWP_20170221_16_19_53_Rich (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr

Loving being sponsored by a bitless bridle company :thumbup: As well as the Wild Cider co of course :wink: :drink:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Transcend Bitless Bridle

Postby nicxf » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:14 pm

Oh noes.... I'm the official CMA Sponsorship Personnage now too? :lol:

Definitely looking forward to testing out the bridle some more; going to try the non-double plain sidecue version on our next hack (Friday if the weather is kind). Though Gandalf looks awfully handsome in the studded one there. :love:

Might even be brave and try the cordeo at some point. In the school. With supervision. :hide:
nicxf

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:55 pm

:thumbup: Looking very smart. Great headshots of the horsey models too :lol:
littlewhitehorse

Postby Trudi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:32 am

Looks well put together- look forward to seeing one in the flesh in March. Sky and Gandalf :love: as always.
Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Yellow ponies :love: bridle looks great..usage feedback appreciated, when the new wages kick in and the debts are paid I will be doing some serious horse shopping :hurray:
Tess and Organza

Postby JennieF » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:40 pm

They look great - it will be interesting to hear how you find it riding in them - whether using the 'curb' rein makes a difference ??? I think just having it there may help to 'soften' horses responses even without using it ...

One small 'niggle' - the direct reins on Gadalfs bridle could be hooked on with the open part of the hook towards the horse - horses just love to rub their heads on things and with the hooks that way round its so easy for them to get hung up on something, I've seen it happen :thumbdown: :thumbdown: ... scissor snaps are much safer than those open hook type attachments
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:18 pm

If G gets hung up, it''l be the bridle that suffers, not him :lol:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby JennieF » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Chevalblanc wrote:If G gets hung up, it''l be the bridle that suffers, not him :lol:

:lol: :lol: that's true - I'll never forget the day years ago when my pony rubbed his head on someone's bicycle and got the curb chain hook of his kimblewick caught up on the carrier - then set off across a field with the bike hanging off his mouth :random: :random: fortunately he was sensible enough to stop and wait for me to come and sort him out !!!!
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Tess and Organza » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Oh god how awful :shock:
Tess and Organza

Postby nicxf » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:58 pm

We tried out the sidecue version of the Transcend yesterday, Gandalf was very responsive in it. I had thought he might be inclined to lean on it a bit more as it's so beautifully padded but actually I think the opposite was true, he was really listening. Interesting. Not sure if it was just the bridle or that maybe the better he gets to know me, the more prepared he is to concede that perhaps me being in charge of the steering might be an acceptable notion. :lol:

Also, I usually prefer riding with rope reins but found the lovely soft padded leather ones were rather nice on my hands, and not as stiff as leather reins usually are. :)
nicxf

Next

Return to Equipment