A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Cavemore

Cavemore

Postby Trudi » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:06 am

As in Hackamore/Cavesson!
Well I got fed up waiting for OH to make me the bridle I wanted! Ideally I wanted a sidepull crossed with something that acted on the jaw but as he has a job and web site to do for me I have given up and bought a Cavemore to try. This is only for Chaps as Moo would overbend (longitudinally) forever in it as he doesn't do much schooling these days and has a propensity for tucking behind the connection with the rein/hand anyway.
I have ridden a couple of times in it and it seems to work quite well. I use two sets of reins and start on the cavesson reins to warm up and then take up a loopy contact with the hackamore rein in the more collected work. Chaps too is out of practice as we have had a very quiet winter but he is responding quite well so far. Will get pics and or video when I can

Trudi

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Cavemore

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:06 pm

Interesting.....looking forward to vids :-D
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:31 pm

Interesting combination. The shanks look smart for being a bit decorative, they appear very close to the face in the photo but I'm sure they must be able to move freely. Look forward to hearing more and videos.
littlewhitehorse

Postby Trudi » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:32 am

Yes they do in the photo Sheila, it is quite adjustable so I don't know why they have it like that. The good thing is that while the shanks look like a long shanked curb bit the action of them is less than my regular hackamore as the shank angles back towards the hand- so far it is giving the right amount of jaw relaxation I am after but we'll have to see how it goes.
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:29 pm

It's very attractive and looks much nicer than a pure hackamore. Hope you get the results you're after with it. I agree that it will be interesting to see the vids :hurray:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby JennieF » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:46 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup: Trudi - when I was using the 'S' hackamore on Bandit I used 2 pairs of reins on it so I had a 'direct' rein as well as the 'curb' rein - it seemed to work v well

I like the cavemore on this website - and they have a nice 'baroque' sidepull noseband too ...

http://www.rebgrimer.dk/shop/bidloes-si ... e-4s1.html
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Trudi » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:31 am

Oh some nice things on there Jennie :thumbup: hope they don't deliver to the UK or I may be spending more money :roll:

Had a super session with Chapiro in the cavemore yesterday- now to find the box with the camera in it!!
Trudi

Postby HighJinx » Sun May 10, 2015 1:35 pm

This looks great, how are you getting on with it?
HighJinx

Postby Trudi » Sun May 10, 2015 7:59 pm

He seems to 'get' it which is a good start- been out hacking but not a lot else this week so will report back when I've done some more work in it.
Trudi

Return to Gymnastic training