A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Looking back, looking forward

Re: Looking back, looking forward

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Christmas smilies still here, Trudi :xmaswave:

Yes, your ID classes have gone ballistic -well done. It's you that has done that -the excellent feedback and lovely manner.

I also want to try to be a better person and to be more present for the children. I'm terrible at half-listening to them whilst having one eye on the internet or in a magazine. I want to make time to sit down with them and make more conversation with them. Spending enough time together was never an issue when they were younger but now with my distractions and their distractions we don't really chat that often.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby M-E » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:54 pm

I think my high points where finding the Masterson Method and doing the course, also finally starting to get there with Moss.

For 2015 is to get out and do stuff, really want to carry on learning the MM but the next step in pricy plus very taxing on the brain :lol: want to get my confidance back and go and do riding with groups on Tiky and may be a Trec :shock: , we have been offered a trailer that we can pay for in slices so I would have transport, right time for large kick up the back side and put my money where my mouth is :lol: :lol:
M-E

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:36 pm

Ooh, TREC, how exciting but scary!

If you can I think you should do the next MM stage -you're so into it and you've seen the results yourself. I still think it would be a great thing for Iz, if I can ever get my act together.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:12 pm

It's that time of the year again!

15732288_1195907700456956_3759487571482183081_o.jpg
15732288_1195907700456956_3759487571482183081_o.jpg (104.83 KiB) Viewed 257 times

High points of last year for me: getting a load of people started with horseback archery (and making some good new friends in the process) and becoming a published author :wink:

This year, I'd like to get Tari going under saddle and do my Advanced Coach training.
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:05 pm

Just been reading my 2015 entry! yes well not a lot happen there :lol: :lol: although yes we do now own the trailer but I still have to find a way to get it registered here :banghead: and I did try riding in a group which went rather badly :lol: but I did start to get Tiky out on his own. My Holiday on SA was a massive high.

So aims for this year, I am doing the next level on the Mastersons, all booked in :thumbup: loads of reading to do and anatomy to do if I carry on further still and try to be a partitioner but one step at a time. To carry on with Tiky and myself to go out there and to try and be a better rider
M-E

Postby Trudi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:02 am

Sounds great Helen and M-E. If you are over here for any time M-E and have an hour or two I'd love to see the MM on my two!
I'm starting stage 1 of an equine behaviour course- I spend half my time teaching behaviour so I thought I should back it up with some qualification.
Keep growing my business and write more.
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:10 am

Trudi wrote:I'm starting stage 1 of an equine behaviour course- I spend half my time teaching behaviour so I thought I should back it up with some qualification.

Oooh, where are you doing that? Sounds interesting......
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:05 am

The Natural Animal Centre- the only one that really fits with my support of +ve reinforcement and I know and respect a few of their graduates.
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:56 am

Interesting, would love to do the course but a bit pricey at the moment.....might get one of their books though, they look interesting.
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:31 pm

Love the montage Helen :-D lots of good ones there. Sounds good, M-E and Trudi's plans.

We seem to have skipped anything here for 2016, :hmmm: although it fulfilled all the horsey things I mention for 2015 so :-D :xmaswave:

I can only say more of the same, am about to book more private lessons with Jo Bates for June, that was addictive intensive learning, and I hope there will be other clinics or workshops I can attend, not sure I want to do any more straight dressage ones, would prefer to forward the bitless and liberty with Fina, try to keep up my blog and spend as much time as possible with the horses.
littlewhitehorse

Previous

Return to Randomness