A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Chevalblanc's Chevaux

Re: Chevalblanc's Chevaux

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:53 am

Sky saw the Bowen therapist yesterday, was very interesting. For more about Bowen, here's a link to our therapist's website: http://www.equinebowentherapy.com/index ... en-therapy

A lot of what she was doing looked similar to the Masterson stuff (Beth, our therapist says she has trained with him). Sky seemed to appreciate it and was not her usual fidgety self. She did lots of sighing, and Beth was very pleased with her releases, particularly in the neck and shoulder area (notorious tight spots). Apart from her general tension, she didn't find much wrong with her, we discussed the wonky feet and Beth agreed that a lot of it is down to her natural action, but suggested a magnesium supplement might help with horn growth.

Got Cécile's trimmer to have a look at Sky's feet on Friday and she said the best thing to do was disinfect the feet and pack the cracks with Hoof Stuff (yes, that's what it's called! https://redhorseproducts.com/shop-2/hoo ... oof-stuff/ ) as there could be bacteria in there stopping the cracks from growing out. But she said there was no real cause for concern with her feet and in general they are good. So the bank account has taken a bit of a bashing and some new products have been ordered......
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby M-E » Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:01 am

Red horse products are brilliant, I have used their Honey Heal for loads of stuff even fine hoof cracks and it has worked well, I'm just ordering some more as I forgot to get some while in the UK :doh:
M-E

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Yep, we use Honey Heel too, it's so much better than Sudocrem as it sticks so well!

A fellow horseback archer came over today for a bit of a practise and as she's also a trainer, she spent a bit of time with Ali and Sky doing some groundwork with a scary tassel. Ali was far more attentive than she ever is for me :roll:

ImageDSC_0690 (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0674 (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0717 (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Chevalblanc » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:10 am

G's first ride with his sharer yesterday, think they enjoyed it :-D

Image15036554_135425313600437_3985506886318711547_n (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:24 am

Great stuff :-D G is looking well :thumbup:
M-E

Postby spottygiraffe » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:12 pm

That Hoof Stuff looks really good. If mine get seedy toe again this winter I think I'll give that a go :thumbup: Need to get them trimmed asap actually -they start to grow so quickly when the ground starts to get soggy.

Nice pics of Sky -she looks so calm and content. Big G is looking great too -I bet his sharer was delighted to find such a lovely boy.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:21 pm

Sun came out today, went for a hack (I rode Sky!), then had a play in our new school, such luxury!!

Tari wasn't sure about the step up into the school at first but soon got the hang of it.....

Ali's been riding her with both reins and neckstrap, she's getting the hang of it all now, even managed a bit of steering without her bridle

Hard work though :wink: :lol:

She's done so well today, she's gradually getting the hang of steering etc, and she's interested in everything. We've been doing a little bit at a time and giving her plenty of thinking time, and she picks things up well, not as quickly as Kinna or Fina, but she gets there :-D

Sky started out on full, tense alert (we changed things!! :random: ) but once she'd got back to the school, got used to being in there, she settled enough to do some nice calm work. The sand is really hard going at the moment as it'll need time to settle, so we'll be doing slow work for a while..... :cowboy:

Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:35 pm

Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:48 am

:hurray: great work Ali.
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:11 am

Last weekend Ali shot an arrow from her back and she didn't move!!!!! Although it took half an hour to get to that point and you can see she's still not happy about it... :wink:

ImageDSC_0847 (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr
Helen

Chevalblanc

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs