A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Tiky de la Couture journey

Re: Tiky de la Couture journey

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:59 pm

M-E wrote:

Whats happen to my Avarta Helen?

Something's wrong the Photobucket end, it must no longer be available on there? Check your account.....
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Trudi » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:50 pm

:thumbup: good Tiky. Hope the heads not to bad in the morning :toast:
Trudi

Postby littlewhitehorse » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:18 am

I know what you mean about the flies, like the idea of the 747s :lol: and about not lining up too many holes in the cheese, that is a great visualisation :-D
littlewhitehorse

Postby M-E » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:49 am

This is the fly Shelia

https://goo.gl/images/MnxWBM

I survived the BBQ :thumbup: and had a fantastic session doing MM on Tiky, he has finally got into it :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: I managed to do moves that I haven't been able to do before without him trying to kick or bite me, and it had the effect, lots of strechting, raising and clenching/realsing back legs, yawns etc and lots of zoning, I stayed with him for about half an hour afterwards as I wanted to see how and what he would do, it took him a long time to really relax (still only to about 98%) he was determined to keep his head up :roll: but he got there and his final body release was both fronts legs stretched out and his tummy almost touching the floor, that must have loosen something :love: also Brett was in the barn with us and he got right into it too and did lots of his own releasees including a rather nice tummy tuck :love:

I might give Tiky tomorrow off a the MM takes up to 48 to work through and will see if he is any different to ride on Wednesday

this is the very end, just missed Bretty yawning

https://youtu.be/8tt9E7FQ8qM
M-E

Postby M-E » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:51 pm

I have actually done fair bit with Tiky over the summer, not much riding out as I am having a real problem finding anybody to ride Brett :cry: so I have been upping the we will go out on our own, a real battle, never thought I would find a more opinionated horse than Moss but Tiky is there :lol: he is not frighten he just wants to dictate what and where we go, if he fancies looking round the neighbours gardens that is what we will do, I have walked to the end of roads and tried to ride home but no that doesn't interest him :banghead: :lol: we have done a couple of inter dressage tests too, they are now in the summer fields so back to the slopey school and we have done more in the school and trying to go out, the best has been having Liz and Nicky here from Mon to Wednesday so three days of lessons and thrashing around ideas and of course the odd :wine:

Monday we worked on, was I sitting straight and what bad habits had I got into since Liz's last visit :oops: Tikys was fairly good but has some moments and Liz said at one point when did you last ride hime? my reply was yesterday :lol: so his behaviour was not due to being stuck in a field for weeks.

Tuesday he had his own ideas as to what we would work on, we wanted to do getting the hind legs engaged and he wanted to either graze or if that wasn't allowed to trot and canter round the school doing lots of kicking out and faffing :buck: , both Liz and Nicky where in fits of giggles as I bombed around the school :roll: for some reason Nicky declined the offer of riding him herself :lol: we did get there but boy we where both a tad hot and knackered, we then did a ride out so Liz could see what Tiky does and what I could do to keep him going, there was some comments by the neighbours of a parade as I rode by with Liz and Nicky walking behind :rofl: we did get a plant and it took ages to get him to move basically he is asked twice nicely to walk on then he is annoyed (not smacked) with the whip, lots of fast light taps on different parts of his body so he gets fed up, as I say he is not frighten just trying to be bossy, our 51% - 49% is the wrong way round, when we did get him to move he got lots of rubs and bon bons.

Wednesday we did practicing leg yield as he was in a much more co-operative mood, and also more engaging the hind legs, my brain struggles with the lefts and rights of this one :rofl: then again we went out for a walk, he was better just one big plant and we managed to turn and ride home without a plant too :thumbup:

needless to say I haven't ridden since as I have had loads of change overs :sad: hoping to get out this afternoon if not tomorrow :crossfingers:

Just to make you laugh, the Ginger Ninja, all we wanted was him to walk in a circle :roll: so it changed to if he wanted to trot he had to stay totting till I ask walk, Nicky failed to get any of bombing round and cantering as she was laughing too much :roll: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjDzTH12S6g

Learning leg yield, without using my legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1dq6d6TwhE
M-E

Postby M-E » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:35 am

I managed to ride today and we did it, we had a small hack all on our own :cowboy: a couple of small plants but he was a good boy we met a rather noisy bicycle which he wasn't sure about but he did stay still, so now we try to go longer :lol:
M-E

Postby littlewhitehorse » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:09 pm

:thumbup: I wonder if the more cooperative Tiky was a result of the previous day and I like the sound of the technique of making it more uncomfortable for him to plant and not move than to move :thumbup: that way he thinks it is his idea to move :lol:
littlewhitehorse

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:09 pm

Definitely seems to be that the more they do, the more cooperative they get. We are seeing that with Coral, doing something every day means we get fewer disagreements about what we should be doing (usually her: eating, us: working). Problem is finding the time to do regular work with them :?
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:47 am

Yep the more you do the better they get...it's training :thumbup: sounds like progress M-E.
Trudi

Postby M-E » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:56 pm

We have done well, I have ridden a fair bit :thumbup: and we have gone out a lot, 15 mins out is still our limit, not helped by the fcat that Mr B appears to have a stopwatch and at 14 mins he starts to call, Tiky then goes oh hell look how far I am from home and he goes from relaxed to stressed in about 30 seconds :thumbdown: so far I have managed to get to do a explore down a drive so I can stop him give him a bon bon and ask him to turn, rather than he stops and I let him turn, he does walk home faster but again I ask him to stop and stand several times each time he does he get a bon bon, the I ask him to walk on, we have a fair few monsters, think the village in ganging up on us sometimes :rofl: chicken and guinie fowl appearing between rides, digging putting up fencing and the biggy three massive lorries meeting on the main road about 10 meters from us, air brakes, ground shaking etc etc, that he did trot off with but I managed to get to walk then stop he got lots of scratches and bon bons for that :-D
Haven't managed anything this week as the weather has been pants :crossfingers: maybe tomorrow before the rain comes back in.

had a lady stop us the other day, she was looking for a mare (a strong long look at Tiky) who was calm in the head and went out on her own!! well my boy is not for sale so I just said HE was only just learning about going out :lol:
M-E

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs