A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Tiky de la Couture journey

Re: Tiky de la Couture journey

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:21 pm

That second video reminds me of Tari so much, they do the same moves :lol: :buck:

Shame about your riding buddies. I take it the boys can't to be separated?
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby M-E » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:37 pm

They do separation but Tiky just plants when he think he has gone far enough, some days ten mins down the road other days 6 foot :roll: so you can tell what i will be working on this summer :lol:
M-E

Postby Trudi » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:28 am

Indeed it was but we where really just trying to get to canter first and balance later, a bit of a first with Liz :-D

:thumbup: understand and the best always to teach reaction to the aid and then balance, I know Liz will be doing it right but your saddle moved over not just your balance which was the only reason I mentioned it.
Trudi

Postby littlewhitehorse » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:22 pm

:thumbup: Looks like Liz has been making you and Tikky work hard, hope it wasn't too hot 8-)
littlewhitehorse

Postby M-E » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:22 pm

It had cooled to a bearable temp :lol:

Tiky had three days off due yucky weather, today was nice so I rode him, he was good but oh boy the flies! they have really come out after the wet weather, normals flies, deer flies and those 747's giant horse flies :thumbdown: Tiky just could not concentrate, he was head shaking, hitting his belly and just not happy, we did some work including trot but it began to feel like I was linning up too many holes in my cheese so I got off, we did some more leading work and also went out and had a walk up and down the road, so we did at least do something :thumbup: then I decided to hose both the boys, Brett was oh yes please after the first 10 seconds :lol: but not Tiky finally got where I could hose his legs and he would stand (he got bon bons for that) but would rather kick off trying to do his body, it's the first time I have tried to hose him and we did make progress, I will try riding again tomorrow but maybe will leave till 6 ish and hope the flies are less
M-E

Postby M-E » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:52 am

Riding before 9 this morning :shock: :lol:

We had a few "no I wont's" complete with buckies but I stayed with it and kept going :thumbup: we did it quite a bit trot work trying to do the three loop serpentine, we do 2 and 1/2 :lol: we have plenty to work on :cowboy:
M-E

Postby Trudi » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:01 am

Blimey you'e keen, before 9!!
Trudi

Postby M-E » Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Ridden the last two morning early as well :shock: had a real battle yesterday, if was full on no I won't, lots of :buck: bucks, planting and just plain throwing the toys out of the pram :roll: indeed at one buck he got his leg round the tape fencing and pull the whole side of the school down :shock: which proved that he is actually a very sensible horse, while things got a bit exciting he didn't lose the plot :lol: , I looked at the mess and got off stomped to the fence and tried to put it back up but the ground is like iron at the moment, so I stomped off with Tiky following like a lamb, found my lump hammer and worked my way back down the fence hammering the post in the best I could, with himself watching with great interest, when that was finished stomped back up the school put the hammer back and got back on and said we will be doing some more work and we did :lol:

Today he was much better just a couple of :buck: and those mainly when he thought he had trotted enough, and I even took him out of the field and lead him down the road at the end of the road I climb on the handy wall and rode him back, again there was a bit of no I won't but after a few mins he did it,

Fingers crossed for tomorrow
M-E

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:16 am

:thumbup: Keep at it! Before it gt stupid hot again we did stuff with Tari several days in a row and that really seems to have done the trick.....
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:27 pm

This morning he was very good just one or two half hearted kicks out :thumbup: thought I would see if I could ride him out :shock: just to the end of the road and back, first is was no way in that direction but I will the other, so we did that turn around just before it goes it to a narrow over grown path ( one step at time I thought :lol: ) walked back to the gate, and no he was not going down the road so I got off & led him down there then got back on, one hell of a battle as he just wanted to explore Grandads garden and just before he reversed in some garden tools laid on the lawn I got off and very purposefully walk off, about 10 meters further on the road there is a small bank that I managed to get on :roll: and he walked on like there hadn't been a problem :roll: Brett all this time was snoozing in the barn not worried at all :thumbup:

We have friends around tonight for BBQ so I think I will just do MM on Tiky tomorrow just in case I feel a little under par :rofl: :toast:

Whats happen to my Avarta Helen?
M-E

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs