A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

A Blog for Bandit and his mates

Re: A Blog for Bandit and his mates

Postby JennieF » Thu May 25, 2017 8:58 pm

I had an osteo out to Bandit a few days ago ... she found lots to work on in his neck and a problem under the saddle in his back - she though he must have had some sort of bad 'crash' at some point !!! either before I got him or when he careers round the field like an idiot ..... she spent ages working on him and then said give him a couple of days off before you work him and no lunging for the moment as his neck is very fragile!!!

I left him for a few days and thought I would ride him this morning - early before it got too hot - he was happy enough to be in the school and be tacked up, but as soon as I got on I could feel that he wasnt quite right - we did a bit of slow work to see if he would 'warm up' out of it but he didnt :thumbdown: he felt just like he did when he wasnt happy with the previous saddle - like driving a car with the handbrake on !!!! I have emailed her to see what she thinks and will give him another couple of days off then try again ... I have some devils claw so i might give him some of that for a few days to see if it helps ...

Need to get him sorted as the next dressage clinic is in 3 weeks .... and I was starting to really enjoy riding him .. and now it feels like he is 'broken' :sad: hopefully he will be better in a few more days and we can get back to work ...
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Trudi » Sat May 27, 2017 7:32 am

Hope he's OK Jennie.
Trudi

Postby JennieF » Mon May 29, 2017 5:47 pm

Rode the boy again this morning and he was better for a while then 'stopped' again ... so obviously still a bit sore ... hoping the improvement will continue if I give him another couple of days ...
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue May 30, 2017 6:35 am

:hmmm: Do you think it might be the saddle? Or just that he's tweaked something in the field? So difficult to know, isn't it? :random:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby JennieF » Tue May 30, 2017 4:39 pm

I dont think its the saddle as when he stopped going forward I swapped saddles to one I know he has always gone well in and it made no difference at all ... I think he is still sore from the osteo treatment ....

:crossfingers: :crossfingers: it gets better ... if it doesnt she is going to come back and have another look at him ... :thumbup:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby M-E » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:28 pm

have you thought of trying some MM on him Jennie, look it up on you tube, Bladder maridin , head down and neck flexions, very easy to do and you can't (unless you try very hard) to hurt the horse. worth a try.
We saw foal only a couple of weeks old on the course where we where staying, he had fallen through a fence and had got very tight around his head, he will grow up with constant headaches :cry: the owner did not want him worked on :thumbdown:
M-E

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:24 pm

So how soon can you come down M-E? :-D :lol:
littlewhitehorse

Postby JennieF » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:03 pm

littlewhitehorse wrote:So how soon can you come down M-E? :-D :lol:

yes - we need you to come down and do us a MM demo M-E

I ended up talking to the osteo yesterday about Royale and I think we both agreed that he probably had some sort of catastrophic incident as a youngster which led to all the problems ... what a shame they wouldnt let you work on the foal :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Jo came again yesterday to check Bandit and said he is fine now, so obviously all a reaction to the work she had done on him 2 weeks ago ... and she thought the saddle was a perfect fit :thumbup: :thumbup: Considering we had been out for a good 2.5 hours hack up and down hills the previous day which would have shown up any problems I think we are now sorted ... so busy getting ready for the next dressage clinic end of next week
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby M-E » Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:28 pm

JennieF wrote:
littlewhitehorse wrote:So how soon can you come down M-E? :-D :lol:

yes - we need you to come down and do us a MM demo M-E

I ended up talking to the osteo yesterday about Royale and I think we both agreed that he probably had some sort of catastrophic incident as a youngster which led to all the problems ... what a shame they wouldnt let you work on the foal :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Jo came again yesterday to check Bandit and said he is fine now, so obviously all a reaction to the work she had done on him 2 weeks ago ... and she thought the saddle was a perfect fit :thumbup: :thumbup: Considering we had been out for a good 2.5 hours hack up and down hills the previous day which would have shown up any problems I think we are now sorted ... so busy getting ready for the next dressage clinic end of next week

They wouldn't let Jim work on the foal let alone me :lol: I think it is likely that a lot of horses have problems from a very young age, just by being young and foolish,
I would love to come down to you guys, I will see if we have a quite spot in Sept and if my co politician is available :crossfingers:
M-E

Postby JennieF » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Wooo Hooo - just ridden the boy again and he is definitely back on form :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs