A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Darwin

Darwin

Postby JennieF » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:19 pm

I thought the boy should have his own blog as he is going to start work this year :thumbup: :thumbup:

I have done the odd bit of groundwork with him from time to time just to make sure he knows who is in charge and to keep him 'with' me, but other than he has just been busy growing up ... he will be 4 this time and has really filled out - this time last year he was still very much a baby ... now he is now quite a chunky little horse :thumbup: :thumbup: actually a good bit 'heavier' than I expected him to be :hmmm: ... but he still has a wonderful expressive warmblood trot :thumbup: :thumbup:

Today we did circles in both directions, mostly walk with a bit of trot... backing up ... moving 1/4s and shoulders... flexions ... all so easy - you were right Sheila - he's going to be a doddle compared to Bandit :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: I'm sure he will have his moments as he definitely has 'character' but it would be boring otherwise ... and he really seems to enjoy it ...

I came back to the house to fetch the camera at the end of the session and then went back and he dropped his head into the headcollar as if to say " hey, this is fun mum, are we doing some more?" :love: :love:
Attachments
CIMG9947small.JPG
CIMG9947small.JPG (202.45 KiB) Viewed 177 times
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Darwin

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:45 pm

Handsome boy :love: Looking forward to hearing about his progress....
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:28 pm

:thumbup: to be getting going with him again and for the future... Super head shot :love: It is going to be good being able to compare Darwin, who has no bad history, to Bandit, who has plenty of human-installed "problems" :wink:
littlewhitehorse

Postby fabikat » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:09 pm

Excellent Jennie. How wonderful. Look forward to hearing more about him. And more fotos....
katy x
fabikat

Postby Trudi » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:55 am

:love: look forward to hearing all about it.
Trudi

Postby JennieF » Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:45 pm

First day without rain today since what feels like ages !!! so I spent a bit of time outside playing with my 'ponies' ... Having long-reined Bandit I thought I would put the roller on Darwin to see what he thought ... he was cool with that - did some more work on a single line and started just a little long-reining with 2 lines - he didnt quite 'get it' but when he doesnt understand he doesnt get scared or panicky he just stands there until you show him the way out :thumbup: :thumbup:

He is still itching and scratching so I butoxed him again today and I think I am going to have to end up putting him in a sweet itch rug ... really dont want to but he seems to be so sensitive ...
Attachments
IMG_0198[1].JPG
IMG_0198[1].JPG (183.02 KiB) Viewed 117 times
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Trudi » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:45 am

What a superstar :love:
Trudi

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:31 am

:thumbup: