A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Master Moss at work

Master Moss at work

Postby M-E » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:22 pm

Not too sure if this is the right place, please move if you want

I thought I would post my vids of Moss now he is back home, to do a short explain, he has been ridden for about five weeks now and has been home two weeks

This I took the first time I rode at home
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syyKiQJ1 ... e=youtu.be

These where taken last night, so two weeks on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYnhOLTj ... e=youtu.be

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAsZjQsPg4M

Any comments welcome :thumbup:
M-E

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Master Moss at work

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi ME :wave:

I haven't got time to reply at length just now but I just want to say how much I like what you're doing. I can't believe how chilled Master Mossy is I think he is working exactly how he should be at that level of his training. I will say more tomorrow, but I've got guests (supposedly) arriving any minute.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Do you want me to put this in the blogs section?

I think you are doing exactly what he needs too, I am so impressed with how chilled and relaxed he is and that's all down to the groundwork and preparation you've done :goodjob:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Yep that will be fine Helen.

I know that a year of long reining seems a bit over the top but as I have said to many people, I didn't think he was ready to back at two but he needed to do something, he is not a horse to sit in a field for a year twiddleing his hooves.
It is strange riding him as it doesn't seem much differant to long reining if you get what I mean, we have spent hours together, it is just now my feet don't ache when we get back :lol:
M-E

Postby Tanya » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Looks like you are doing great with him not that I know loads but he looks pretty relaxed to me :goodjob:
Tanya

Postby spottygiraffe » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:37 pm

M-E wrote:we have spent hours together, it is just now my feet don't ache when we get back

:thumbup:

I think it couldn't be going any better. I know it hasn't always been easy so I am so pleased for you that you have got to this point.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby M-E » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:41 pm

We had a lovely ride out tonight, we did just a five mins or so in the school then off, very forward to start as it's a steep down hill and he has always wanted to trot it :roll: still I didn't need the second rein and he soon calmed down, we had a car come up behind us and as it's a twisty road they had to follow till I could wave them on, we then had another car come towards us with lights on and for both he was super we then went off road :shock: across a little bridge, that did take a bit of persuasion but we did it, I didn't trot as he felt forward enough :tongue1 and we had a couple of branches where I had to lie on his neck :o , we did the lane then up the steep hill where we stopped to admire the view the we turned and came back, after the bridge we turned a differant way home and had a good trot along there, not much leg needed at all :lol: and home :wub
And I rememeber not to nag with the leg and succeed pretty well and guess what? he doesn't grind to a halt if I don't nag :lol:
M-E

Postby Chevalblanc » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:08 am

That's brilliant, M-E. So glad you can let him go at the front end without him shooting off, it really does make all the difference. So many people hang on tight right from the start and that just teaches them to lean and pull.

And the leg thing is good too, funny how they need no nagging out on a hack rather than going round in circles in a field..... :lol:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:19 pm

I'm trying to be as relaxed as poss with the reins, when he is trying go faster than I want it's a pull then as soon as there is the slightest reponse I release and I keep doing that till he just walks, so far he has been very reponsive and I can ride most of the time in a light contact and some buckle end too, not that we have tried canter yet, that might be more exciting :lol:
M-E

Postby Bonbon » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:47 pm

Great vids M-E, you're doing a brilliant job, he's a credit to you! :goodjob:
Bonbon

Next

Return to Blogs