A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Master Moss at work

Re: Master Moss at work

Postby littlewhitehorse » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:58 pm

Interesting updates :wink: sounds as if you have a few more tactics since your cousin was here; does she read the blog and is she still helping you, or offering ideas and comments?
littlewhitehorse

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Tanya » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:44 pm

Just been catching up M-E sounds like you've been really working hard on Mossy.. :thumbup:
Tanya

Postby M-E » Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:01 pm

I did some more Masterson last night and it went better I stuck to all the undertails, BM, with whither wiggle and high hind stuff he was much better and even started to go soft and relax although no zone.
his main trouble is he is very high on sugar, I have never know my field like it, bright long and sweet green :roll: and growing like the clappers.

Had a bit of worry on the phone last night, I had a call from the Masterson people, wanting to cancel mine & Nicky's course, only four of us, not worth doing ect, I restrained the strong words and pointed out that we had already changed the dates and place once, plus I had booked the ferry and B&B and had been told by another Masterson person that it was confirmed, I got a "don't cancel anything I will get back to you" about an hour later I got a e-mail to say it was going to go ahead :D :D :D

Things went really well this morning, I did have to slap a load of man up lotion on first :lol: :lol:
He look relaxed and keen so I thought I would change what we do as his reposes to the Masterson makes me think he is finding it unconfortable on the anti clockwise, so we long reined straight over to the road to the school and only hitch was Bretty trying take (and almost sucseeding) the fence out, so Moss was tied up by the road with me running around getting poles back and power on before B got out :roll:

In the school Moss was great he walked and troted when asked stopped when asked ect, I didn't lunge and I ddin't get on as I wanted to finish on a good note and I wanted to do some more Masterson on and you can't do that when they have doen a load of work.

I manged to do the BM on his neck both sides and a small bit other neck stuff, his TJM on both sides and some poll work too, it was great to hear his breathing change and see him start to soften again although we did have a fair bit of teeth to start.

Tomorrow I try lunge at walk on both sides and see how that goes
M-E

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:57 pm

M-E wrote:his main trouble is he is very high on sugar, I have never know my field like it, bright long and sweet green :roll: and growing like the clappers.

I know! Kinda hoping Sky will mellow a bit come the winter :lol: and the other two might just be allowed out without muzzles on, but no chance of that for the foreseeable future......
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Going mad here too, not so worried this time of the year as they can work more and winter (sadly) is around the corner but if it sends them a bit :random: then it is tricky M-E.
Only 4 isn't enough for a course, blimey it's not that cheap is it :lol: glad it's back on though :thumbup:
Trudi

Postby M-E » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:04 am

Had a really good morning today, the fact that he & Brett have eaten all the good and me doing lots of Mastreson on him seems to have done the trick, I lunged him, long reined him and rode him :lol: ok it was not a huge amounts of each but we did it, he didn't fight it, he did as was asked so I am well pleased with him,
I know you are suppsoed to do the MM after exercise but I did the BM on both side with no fuss from himself :-D and I put back in the field, where he had a drink and then spent ages just yawning :-D :-D :-D :-D so pleased
M-E

Postby Trudi » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:19 am

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:42 am

Im going to look into this masterdon business, its prickling my curiosity :)
Tess and Organza

Postby M-E » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:04 pm

Look it up on you tube Tess, Jim Masterson or Masterson method
M-E

Postby Tess and Organza » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:34 pm

I got the name wrong, :roll: thanks M.E :wink: I havn't properly followed details of what the technique has done for Moss or your relationship with him, I will try to catch up! :)
Tess and Organza

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs