A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Master Moss at work

Re: Master Moss at work

Postby M-E » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:16 pm

Had A great time this morning :thumbup: :thumbup: we did some lung work and leading to start and he was very good, then I hopped on and we did about 20 mins of walk and trot, a couple of small plants but nothing much :-D :-D :-D I did some Masterston again at the end and got him really yawning again,

Tomorrow could be intresting as they are swaping fields with Teepy tonight, Teeps has done his best to get the grass down but it is grwoing as fast as he can eat, so Moss could be a bit lively by morning :roll:
M-E

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Chevalblanc » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:25 pm

:thumbup:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:35 pm

M-E

Postby M-E » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:29 pm

I had a lovely time with Moss last night, after his tea and he really didn't finished he was mopeing about, had a panic moment of OMG is he ill :roll: but something just said give him a proper MM :lol: so I did and being us, we did it back wards but he just stood there with no halter in a large field 8-) so I did the BM, high hind points, all the under tail moves then I moved up front and did the BM on his neck and the other neck stff with out bring his head round, did the TMJ, gave him a good poll massage and then sat there for a while he zoned, licked, yawned and rubbed his legs, he did lots of resting his hind legs :D :D :D then I had a go at heads up, and I got him to rest on my arm and he did put weight on it and I massaged the poll, a really nice time, he zoned for a bit more then had a good shake and started to eat grass again adn ambled off :-D :-D

Today he was super to ride, I keep expecting something to kick off but he has been fab :roll: :lol: we just a few mins lunging and then about 30 mins doing walk and trot, even tried a bit of shoulder in (I think!). My new long reins and bridle parts had arrived when I got back this mroning so on our next ride I will try long reining down the road and see how that goes. I had a nice e-mail back from Liz today she is coming at the start of Nov and had some intresting points from the vids I sent her

"You videos look good. Working on grass and a slope is actually really good. I'll tell you why when I see you. Moss is tense because he is losing his balance, which we will work on. We will break the skills he needs to learn down into bite size morsels you can both easily acquire. For now however I would probably not canter unless just for fun when you are out hacking. The canter should improve the trot, but with his balance so precarious and your pelvis and lumbar spine slightly out of the position they need to be in, he is struggling. This will weaken his confidence and make him less amenable. He's a big horse with lots to manage body wise.
I'm really pleased to see you back on board however and enjoying your time with him.

The MM can be used post exercise, though best once the horse has cooled down and his nervous system has gone back to neutral. However, it won't harm horses and by the releases you were getting, seem to really agree with Moss."

Lots of thinks to think about and I'm looking forward to being able to work on our issues :-D
M-E

Postby JennieF » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:31 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby M-E » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:04 am

Played with Moss this morning and he was great, ok rather intrested inthe grass in the school as it now has more than his field :lol: but he did as he was told :thumbup: although once we started to trot he wasn't right :hmmm: he is ok at the walk on both reins, at trot he is short on one rein and almost hoppy on the other, so I got off and put his long reins on and did some work so I could see what, and yes he walks really well and he does trot without a big fuss but he is odd with his hinds at trot :hmmm: so I took him out of the school and did some walk away from the field, one direction and he is very good but going the other! the old Moss of I don't want to go that way but I did manage a bit and we walked up and couple of times.

It has rained in the last few days and these field are clay so I am thinking he might of slipped a bit and tweeked something, I am going to try again tomorrow and see how he is. Poor old Teppy slipped up this morning just stepping away from his water bucket, poor chap went right down on his knees :thumbdown:
M-E

Postby Tess and Organza » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:11 am

poor old boy xx
Tess and Organza

Postby JennieF » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:40 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: for Teepy, poor old boy

hope Moss will be ok in a day or 2 - as you say he could have slipped up somewhere - he is such a big gangly boy still
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby M-E » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:00 pm

Think Moss has had a bit of a :idea: moment :crossfingers: twice last week he asked for a massage and I have been able to do him without head collar just stood in the field, no teeth, no pushing :shock: and when untacking after afew mins of grazing he just stands and let me do some more on him too, ruddy chuffed, hope he keeps this up, when I think to what he was like in March when we started :shock:

Moss had the weekend off as I skived Sat & Sun and then was some what snowed under on Mon :roll: but he worked Tuesday and he wasn't bad, although we did have some stopping and I think I know why "ME" :oops: :oops: as when he has a small Moss moment I go into small child kick, push wiggle mode :oops: :roll: really need to work on that, Liz is sure going to have her work cut out with us as it is not all me, I was long reining him down the road by the field and it is a slight down hill slope and Moss was just about crossing his front feet, no wonder he gets himself tied in knots :roll:
M-E

Postby Trudi » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:41 am

:thumbup:
One of my clients does/did the walking on a tightrope thing but with lateral work he has improved lots.
Trudi

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs