A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Tanya's Tribe

Tanya's Tribe

Postby Tanya » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:49 pm

I also thought I would do one thread for my boys, Le Sorcier, Chester and Polo who is my daughter Hollie's pony.
this is where I will post all what I am doing with them....
Tanya

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Tanya's Tribe

Postby spottygiraffe » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:39 pm

Looking forward to reading it!
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Trudi » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:20 pm

:thumbup: look forward to tales of Tanya's Tribe.
Trudi

Postby Tanya » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:43 pm

WOW first post.....Polo's new bit

As some of you know we have been having probs with Polo - he hates his bit he has a tiny mouth and quite a large tongue and is in a tiny Tom Thumb loose ring snaffle and is always pulling against it and trying to avoid it...although his is ridden in a bosal when Hollie going hacking most of the time (waiting for his new one to arrive) he is alot happier - but for lessons and jumping he needs a bit. So after searching I have just bought small full cheek Copper Enriched Elliptical Link from Cottage Craft.

We tried it out today as Hollie had a jumping lesson - things seemed to go well and he didn't try to avoid it as much and was salivating more although when Hollie stopped he still pulled his head forward but not as much as usual - she also seemed to steer him better for jumping...gonna keep trying with it and see how it goes.

She Jumped 65cms today and both did really well here;s a little video - the part with the white blocks was a tiny skinny jump so she had to be precise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3s6vHBm6VQ
Tanya

Postby spottygiraffe » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Tanya wrote:small full cheek Copper Enriched Elliptical Link from Cottage Craft.

That's a bit of a mouthfull -excuse the double pun!

Nice vid. Shame there was only 14 seconds :lol: I thought Polo and Hollie looked great -no issues at all. I hope they can forget the niggly problems they have had and move on having fun with jumping.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Trudi » Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:46 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: looking good Hollie and Polo!
Trudi

Postby M-E » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Well done Hollie and Polo.

I hope the bit continues to work better for him, it must be a big a headach getting small stuff or him as I do getting big enough for Brett :rofl:
M-E

Postby HighJinx » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:41 pm

Loved the bit of vid, they look great together :thumbup:
HighJinx

Postby Tanya » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:51 pm

Cheers all - yes the bit issue is a pain but hopefully we will get there...

Yep Highjinx - they do love either but they also have a few ups and downs. :rofl:
Tanya

Postby Tanya » Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Before the rain started today - Helen and I did some more work with Sorcier (pics on Desensitising thread)

I went really well and although we had a few moments when I thought he going to tank off he didn't. We got out the big white scary gazebo and he walked over it without too much problem - we used Gandalf as a lead and put the white plastic over him took Sosso over to investigate he wasn't too sure but after a while I managed to actually throw it over him and he stood there - he wasn't impressed but he stood still :hurray:

As some of you know he has a real problem with crops or sticks if they are lifted above your shoulder well today again he wasn't sure at all but I threw a stick in the air, showed it to him and then stroked him with it - he id flinch a couple of times and gave me the wide eyed look but he let me carry on. Then came the dreded crop :o again showed him lifted it above my head waved it about threw it in the air and then stroked him with it even on the top of his head which I could never have done before and I stroked his bum with it... :thumbup:

All in all I am really pleased with him I also feel he trusts me more than before not to let the stick of anything nasty eat him - next it's the umbrella....and he will really :horsepoo: himself...
Tanya

Next

Return to Blogs