A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Tanya's Tribe

Re: Tanya's Tribe

Postby Tanya » Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:57 am

Nurse came in yesterday to change Hollie's dressing - after reading the notes from the Hospital - which I misunderstood.

She will NOT be able to ride for at least a month - to allow the internal stiches to dissolve and the internal injury to heal properly. She then may need a scan to check this before given the OK to ride again. she is not happy at all and misses out on the Dressage comp on 9th November and the Equifeel on the 23rd October - I have one :sad: girl at home.

On a good note I've decided to bring Charlie home today - not much point paying livery for him - might as well get to know Polo and Sorcier - I'll take some pics.

Charlie will be on the same food regime as Polo - not much grass and ad lib hay. :crossfingers: all goes well.

The vet came out on Thursday to check Sosso - he's breathing is still not normal but OK - she is talking about him starting inhalers ??? His leg is nearly healed but the hair is not growing so it might not grow back :shock:

I'm going to lunge him lightly tomorrow and see what he's like :crossfingers:
Tanya

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Tess and Organza » Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:19 pm

missed that about Hollie :shock: sounds really nasty,poor lass :sad: new pony looks lovely though :-D
Tess and Organza

Postby JennieF » Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:44 pm

poor Holly - she must be really fed up :hug: :hug:

Maybe once she is a little less sore it would be an ideal opportunity for her to do some groundwork/lunging/long-reining with him so that they have established a good relationship by the time she is ready to get back on board ....
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Trudi » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:00 pm

:agree: wot Jennie said :thumbup:
Trudi

Postby poneysPie » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:18 pm

Tanya wrote:
The vet came out on Thursday to check Sosso - he's breathing is still not normal but OK - she is talking about him starting inhalers???

You might want to have a look at this product, Tanya
http://www.equineiridology.eu/respiratory.php
“Ask often; be content with little, praise a great deal.” (Nuno Oliveira)
poneysPie

Postby Chevalblanc » Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:34 pm

JennieF wrote:
Maybe once she is a little less sore it would be an ideal opportunity for her to do some groundwork/lunging/long-reining with him so that they have established a good relationship by the time she is ready to get back on board ....

Exactly, get him up to that Equifeel comp, had a quick look at the tasks and most of it seems to be slow work, leading, circling, backing up etc. You & Soso could easily do it too :-D
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Tanya » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:17 am

Yep Hollie and I are booked in to do the Equifeel on Thursday - I'm taking Sosso. Who has been a real tit since Charlie arrived !! :roll:

I decided to separate them for the moment while I sort Charlie's insurance - just in case !!! He came home on Saturday and was put in with Polo who is seriously got the hump :? There was some squeaking and arse showing from Polo - he even went up on his back legs. But when it comes to feed time we have another Chester bucket nicker :lol: Charlie is on the same feed regime as Polo very very little grass ad lib hay and he only has a carrot or apple in his bucket.

Overall everyone has calmed down - putting Sosso in with them tonight :hide:

Here's some pics from Saturday .....

I'm not looking .......

Has he gone yet ??? Nah still there

You don't smell too bad...

No that's my blade of grass
Tanya

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:28 am

:lol: Haha, love the captions! How's it going today? Peace and love?

Charlie is very cute and looks fairly sensible :-D :love:

Poor Holls -but I agree with the others about the bonding and I hope you both enjoy the Equifeel course. Tell us more.....
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Tanya » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:15 pm

She down there as I type - brushing Polo as he really has got the hump :? wouldn't go anywhere near her this morning even though she went up to him first.

Charlie has already been brushed - mane plated and a decision that he will have a hair cut :lol:

Looking forward to Thursday will take pics and some vids.

Someone coming over to tomorrow to ride Charlie for a while - just to tick him over until Hollie can get back on.

Watch this space
Tanya

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:26 pm

spottygiraffe wrote:I hope you both enjoy the Equifeel course. Tell us more.....

I ended up getting roped into doing the refreshments at Tumpy last night where they had a Parelli 3* instructor doing a demo and it was pretty much the same stuff. Leading over/through poles, backing up, circling, trailer loading, tarps, sidepass, little jump in hand etc. You're only allowed a headcollar, leadrope and stick and you get higher marks if you can do it all at liberty.....be interesting to see how the French gadget junkies take to it! Looking forward to pics/vids :-D
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs