A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Yellow Horse and Little White Horse

Re: Yellow Horse and Little White Horse

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:32 pm

Thank goodness the summer holidays are over, and the extreme heat! The flies are still very present :evil: I played with the horses this afternoon then went for a short hack, we were eaten alive in the forest by those long black biting flies, swarms of them :cry: I hadn't had the horses out for over a week, and hadn't ridden for over two, so it was good to get back in the saddle.
I spent the weekend spectating the David Lichmann 5* Parelli instructor's clinic which brilliantly for me was held just 40' drive away. It was extremely well organised, a private event hosted by Ludovic Fournet, our local NH man, he has a huge following in France and does clinics all over, so people came from all corners of France to attend. Fab ambiance and such a friendly fun gathering of like minded horse folk and plenty of shared meals, aperos with quiche etc. followed by a sit down meal with a huge paella on the Saturday evening, with live music :-D :-D
Ludovic does a lot of liberty work with his horses, and this being David's speciality, they "met" on internet, resulting in David coming to France to do the clinic, with the theme of Liberty beyond the round pen. The participants with horses were mixed levels so a lot of time was spent on problem solving and some basics, but there were some beautiful horses and it was all interesting to watch. The exercises will be useful to try at home as they complement what I did with Jo here and give me some different techniques to play with, such as the Game of Two Eyes :wink:
I met up with some old friends and made some new, it was a fab experience, now to settle down and use some of the things I have learned this summer :lol:
littlewhitehorse

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby M-E » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:45 pm

That sounds a fab way to spend a few days :thumbup: I do love how the French always get good food and some :wine: in their programs :lol: the Brits seem to just do tea & biscuits :rofl:

it has cooled here too and 90% of our flies have gone :thumbup:
M-E

Postby Trudi » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:42 am

You've had a great summer of learning Sheila- good the weather is cooling for work to be possible- flies went from the south west of England weeks ago aside from the rare day of sunshine that brings them back out :lol:
Trudi

Previous

Return to Blogs