A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Yellow Horse and Little White Horse

Yellow Horse and Little White Horse

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Life has been pretty dull for me and my little white horse, Lucie, but Seraphina has come to stay; time to start a blog.

Helen and Tanya brought her over this morning. Because of the fragility of Lucie's leg (bone spavin) and Fina's handiness with her back feet, plus the wetness of the fields, out of precaution I started them off in adjoining fields. There was a little bit of whinnying on arrival, and a couple of squeals and kicks from Fina, but on the whole it all passed very calmly. Once I have had a chance to handle them both, and Fina gets used to our routine, I'll put them together in the big field where there's more grass, and they can have a hooley. Fina has been exploring her part of the field, then she comes back towards Lucie, they have another little nose talk, and settle for a rest side by side. I left them this evening with some hay, they were eating quietly. Very promising! :-D
This is about half an hour after their first meeting:

http://youtu.be/hxHVJpBDByI

A squealy moment from the yellow one:

http://youtu.be/IkU5MPSjB14
littlewhitehorse

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Yellow Horse and Little White Horse

Postby Trudi » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:19 pm

:thumbup: can't wait to read about the girls, seems to have gone very well so far :hurray:
Trudi

Postby Tanya » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Fina was a good girl in the trailer and seemed pretty calm after her longish journey.

Thank you Shelia for a fab curry lunch and yummy cake desert. It's was also good to see you too Sarah. x
Tanya

Postby JennieF » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:10 pm

I thought I could see 2 horses in the background of the photo you posted on FB earlier .......... didnt look close enough to see who it was .....
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Haven't got time to write as much as I'd like, but we had such a lovely day today. Thanks so much to Sheila for her amazing hospitality -did you know Sheila is an amazing cook? We had lamb rogan josh with poppadums and a selection of chtuneys + banana raita then home made bread with cheeses and a gorgeous orange drizzle cake. I had to dash so had my cake as a car picnic on the way home -and I saved a slice for the children who said it was 'Trop bon' :thumbup:

Sheila's place is to die for and it was lovely meeting Lucie at last. The girls seemed to hit it off and I can't wait to read more about their adventures together :)
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:22 am

Very impressed with Fina yesterday, I was expecting her to make a fuss about leaving Sorcier and getting into her least favourite trailer (mine) but she was fine :-D

Here's my vid of their totally non explosive meeting, Fina is a different horse from the one that arrived with us 2 years ago, that's for sure.....

http://youtu.be/a7H4Kj7HPIs

I think she likes the new digs, hardly any mud and some actual green stuff! :wink:

The curry was fantastic, and Sheila's place is fab, you can sit on the terrase and look over at the horses' field, how wonderful......

Looking forward to visiting again, and maybe even taking a couple of neds down there sometime to investigate the great looking riding tracks in the woods...... :-D

Sheila (and anyone else who's interested), here's the link to my album of Fina pics from the last couple of years: https://picasaweb.google.com/1024787105 ... Seraphina#
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:28 am

That brillant about Fina going to Sheila's :thumbup: :thumbup: Love all the vids hopefully they will get on well, maybe Fina needs and older mare to respect, rather than needing to be the boss of young fillies and load of gelding.

How is she doing today Shelia?
M-E

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:41 am

M-E wrote:maybe Fina needs and older mare to respect, rather than needing to be the boss of young fillies and load of gelding.

:goodjob:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:53 am

I think she'll be a lot more settled with another mare, things got very silly with her and Sorcier, she was difficult about being taken away from him when they were at the stables together. She obviously had the hots for him (and he was the only one allowed to tell her what to do), we never had a problem when she was just in with G, Polo & Chester......

Will be interesting to see who ends up in charge between the two girls!
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:04 am

All well this morning, although one of the fence posts is at a funny angle, frm Fina's side :hmmm: I think I'll be putting them both the same side of the fence sooner than later :lol: Great video Helen :thumbup: I missed Fina rolling; she's not going to get rid of the old mud that easily methinks :lol: Glad you all had a good day out, we must do it again now you know where I am, and I hope Ali will come & see Fina too; thanks for cleaning the tack Ali :wave:
It's going to be interesting how the relationship between the two horses works out but yes, M-E, our thoughts too.
littlewhitehorse

Next

Return to Blogs