A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

The new girl

Re: The new girl

Postby Tess and Organza » Sat Mar 11, 2017 8:10 am

oh I hadn't seen that picture :-D
you two will become as well known as you and G were here, people still refer to you as the english lady with the big ' white' horse :) I love Tari :love:
Tess and Organza

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:52 am

So.....just when we though we had everything figured out, Tari tells us actually she doesn't like her saddle. We tried the others we have, she doesn't like Sky's or Gandalf's either. She tells us by humping her back and swishing her tail and putting in little buckies. She is short backed for her size, and I don't think she likes the feel of the back of the saddle panels maybe :hmmm:

Anyway, when we tried her with Nicola's treeless saddle, she was absolutely fine. And today we just used a bareback pad, again no problems. So looks like I'll be selling a saddle or two to be able to afford a good treeless then :random: :random:

Here she is doing a nice back up for Ali earlier. The bareback pad is quite long, but this doesn't seem to bother her so I guess it's the rigid structure of a treed saddle she doesn't like....

ImageWP_20170430_08_59_15_Moment (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:41 pm

I have a client with a very short backed arab and he struggles in a treed saddle in the same way. She's looking great!
Trudi

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue May 02, 2017 7:38 pm

:roll: re. the saddle(s); I guess you mean she has taken a dislike to the Randol's that you bought? Ali and she look fine in the pad; but what about you, do you like the treeless?
littlewhitehorse

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue May 02, 2017 8:01 pm

Not just the Randols, she doesn't like G's treed saddle, or Sky's either! I tried Nic's treeless yesterday and it was fine (apart from being too small for my fat arse) and T went well in it. However, they are about a grand new, so I'm now looking at something slightly more affordable like a Barefoot saddle, the newer ones are very well constructed. A couple of friends over here have them and one of them is hopefully going to let me try hers....

ImageDSC_0050 (2) by Helen Barnes, on Flickr
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Chevalblanc » Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:59 pm

So we have sold a couple of treed saddles and purchased a second hand Barefoot saddle and it seems fine. We've been doing little bits of ridden stuff in the field - or trying to- but the problem is she really doesn't like it if Ali or I ride!! Pretty sure it's not the saddle or her back (she has regular Bowen sessions and the guy reckons she's fine) but merely the fact that she doesn't want to do any work!. Have been getting Ali to ride her so I can see what's going on, but she then doesn't want to go away from me :roll:

Some vid of what usually happens:

Anyway, I decided to see what she'd do if I led her whilst Ali rode - and she was absolutely fine. Was it because she'd given up protesting by then or because she had someone on the ground like she's used to? Going to get the clicker out and see if we can get the message through by appealing to her greedy nature :wink:
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:18 pm

A bit of it could be feeling unable to balance properly, she is a baby and with rider and a sloppy field it is hard for her, do you anywhere that is flat-ish? plus of course the "why me" bit too :lol:
M-E

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:51 pm

Does it on the flat too, don't worry, we've tried a lot of different places. On today's hack she decided to have a hissy fit on the road :roll: :buck:

I think this is her equivalent of Kinna's Tigger bouncing :lol:
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:00 pm

I can't see the video :sad:
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:33 pm

Helen