A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Elighten Equitation

Elighten Equitation

Postby Tanya » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:13 am

Hi all, I don't know if like me some of you struggle with keeping the correct position? IF the answer is YES please read on...

Enlightened Equtiation - this is just an couple of paragraphs I picked out.

Philospohy
“Riding seems to be shrouded in some mystique. It shouldn't be! If it was explained clearly and logically, with the instructor being able to demonstrate the ideal seat on the horse, so that new/nervous riders have a mental image to store, then learning would be a lot easier, but often this is not the case.
I have developed a system over the last thirty years, which is very simple and successful, and I want you to know that there is another way, one where progress can be rapidly achieved, making learning safer and much more fun, and creating so much less discomfort for the horse.

If you are a nervous rider, do not feel that you are cowardly. Many instructors, never themselves having been afraid to ride, lose patience with such pupils because they cannot understand their reticence. I always tell nervous pupils they are, in fact, being brave, because they are confronting their fears and making themselves do something that they are apprehensive about. That takes courage!”

Heather Moffett

Nicky G is trained by Heather Moffett and has offered to come from Brittany at the begining of June to run a course for a few days some people might like 2 lessons that way we have time to digest what we've learnt the first day, and then put it into practice again the 2nd along with any questions we may have. She will also bring a saddle designed by Heather Moffat.

If I can get 8 people either on the same day or over a 2 day period it will be 25€ per person and I am willing to hold it at my home where I have plenty of room for horseboxes/trailers and enough paddock space if some of you don't mind sharing. We could do a picnic lunch. Alternatively I know Nicky would be happy to travel to other homes if you haven't got transport. Everyone welcome.

I can't seem to attach the file that Nicky sent me - please pm me at
tanya.wheeler@wanadoo.fr if you are interested in what will be EE lesson will be covering.
Tanya

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Elighten Equitation

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue May 06, 2014 6:50 am

Somehow I missed seeing this until now :confused: I would certainly like to come along and watch and meet up with you and Nicky if it's not all taking place over a weekend. :thumbup:
littlewhitehorse

Postby M-E » Tue May 06, 2014 8:45 am

That would be fun, I hope you get enough, Nicky is a great teacher :thumbup:
M-E

Postby Trudi » Tue May 06, 2014 8:54 am

Brilliant opportunity if anyone can get to this :thumbup: wish we could work together as the EE rider teaching fits really well with my classical teaching for the horse...just a few hundred miles that's the problem. Hope you can get some folks together for this Tanya :crossfingers:
Trudi

Postby poneysPie » Tue May 06, 2014 12:11 pm

Looking forward to it, Tanya.

Hoping to be down for the weekend plus a couple of extra days Shiela, so should get a chance to meet up :wink:

WOW thanks for your recommendation M-E, made me :oops:

Trudi wrote:wish we could work together as the EE rider teaching fits really well with my classical teaching for the horse...just a few hundred miles that's the problem.

Would be a privilege to work with you "oh knowledgeable one", such a pity we are so far apart!
“Ask often; be content with little, praise a great deal.” (Nuno Oliveira)
poneysPie

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue May 06, 2014 1:19 pm

poneysPie wrote:
Hoping to be down for the weekend plus a couple of extra days Shiela, so should get a chance to meet up :wink:

:thumbup:

at the begining of June

:confused: Which weekend are we talking about? Dates??
littlewhitehorse

Re: Enlightened Equitation

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue May 06, 2014 2:42 pm

:sad: Won't be able to make that, during term time. So full report and pics, please!
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby poneysPie » Tue May 06, 2014 5:21 pm

littlewhitehorse wrote:
:confused: Which weekend are we talking about? Dates??

Sorry Shiela, I was waiting for "My Lord & Master" to confirm his rota AND I completely forgot I have a wee dog boarding till 4th June :oops: So it will be the weekend of 7th/8th June at Tanya's with Thursday 5th/Friday 6th for anyone elsewhere.
“Ask often; be content with little, praise a great deal.” (Nuno Oliveira)
poneysPie

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue May 06, 2014 6:10 pm

It sounds great and I'll come for some of it if I can, but I need to go back to the UK sometime soon because my brother's second baby is due any day. Once I know my dates I'll be able to give you a better idea. As usual it will depend on me being able to get a horse/dog/cat/pig/chicken sitter too :wink:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Tanya » Tue May 06, 2014 9:05 pm

I can do either dates weekend or weekdays and your welcome to stay Nicky for the duration of your travel down here not a problem.

Would be great to see you Shelia and Sarah sure I can find more bed space if you'd like to stay.
Tanya

Next

Return to Announcements