A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Elighten Equitation

Re: Elighten Equitation

Postby Tanya » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:10 am

Sorry - I will do a write up on the EE weekend - making notes at the mo.
Tanya

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Why are we waiting..................

:lol:

I love your new photos, Tan :hurray:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:35 pm

Haven't had a chance to comment til now but we had a super afternoon on Thursday; Tanya had her first lesson on Sosso and I videoed (with some help from Tess when I had to take a call from OH; Nicky's OH kept ringing her too, honestly these men :roll: ). We spent some time looking at saddles and all agreed that the one Tanya has isn't helping her position, it's far too forward cut; Nicky had 3 saddles with her so we tried them all on him. I had a ride on Sosso too, and tried the EE saddle which was a very interesting feel, & extremely comfortable, and when Tanya rode in it, she looked as if it worked for her too.
Good to see Tess :thumbup: and Jane came round later; I had to go home on Friday morning :sad: would have liked to watch more of the lessons with Jane & with Tanya so look forward to reports on that and their progress, and hope Nicky will come again soon.
littlewhitehorse

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:31 am

Yes, come on, where's our report? :wink: I would love to try one of the EE saddles......
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Tanya » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:41 am

Apologies for taking so long to do the write-up - been tied up with work and the F*** up at Bergerac airport advertising dept. :hissyfit: :banghead:

Had a great 3 days with Nicky – who certainly put me through my paces and finally told me where to find my “second hole” . :?
It was great to see Shelia who came up for Thursday’s session and stayed over – Tess came down in the afternoon to watch and we saw Jane later that nite for a bite to eat, :wine: and discussing all what we had done that afternoon and generally chatting horses. Husband and kids barred from kitchen ! :thumbup:

Thursday was really spent just trying out some saddles my fav was the EE saddle can’t remember what the name was but it was comfortable and I felt like I was in a good position only thing that was a bit weird – it as a soft tree saddle. Shelia also had a go in all the saddles and we were all in agreement that it wasn’t only my crap position in my saddle but it was cut really forward and the stirrup bars were too far back – phew I’m not that bad then.
It started to get really hot and while we were under the trees after about 3 hours Sosso was getting very bored and hot – so we decided to call it a night and start again tomorrow. G & T anyone . :drink:

Nicky went over to Jane’s Friday morning do a lesson with her and Okey – I’m sure Jane will fill you all in on how it went. Then Jane kindly did us lunch which I went up for.

Friday afternoon – was again hot :sun: – worked mostly on my position and trying to keep the bend in my arms, also Nicky read my Baroque comments which help us work on some of the points – it was sort of having to start again – I found my “second hole” :wink: easier than yesterday and lengthen my stirrups – in walk things where a lot better – in trot not so. Worked on leaning slightly forward and not being so upright on coming down on Sosso’s back and not rising too much. There was a lot to take in and trying to remember – Nicky was great very patient and explained things well.

By the end of the 1hr or so session I was really feeling it and my position improved as we went. Time to call it a day. :drink:

Saturday – position came as soon as I mounted – :thumbup: but stirrups just a little to long so we shorten them. Started by working on all the things I’ve been learning the two days previously. Was really getting the hang of it. Then worked more getting Sosso to bend on the corners with the aids and using the lower leg more than the reins – worked with longer reins than I normally do – which felt a little weird but throughout the last few days Sosso had been so good and patient very unTB like.
Did reinback just by leaning slightly forward and using leg aid – took a few goes but we got it in the end. Lots of transitions and bending – Sosso is very stiff on the left so it was quite hard work to stop him collapsing in on me – but used the technique that Nicky was teaching me and it worked well.

We then left it there after about 1hr because it was so hot and no shade.

Overall I really felt I learnt so much from Nicky and am looking forward to her coming down again in the Autum - Thank you Nicky. I put some of the techniques into practice on Thursday when I had my lesson with Louise and she said she noticed the difference :-D – we worked on poles in a circle doing trot 2 walk 2 and lots of excerises. Also started in turn on the Forehand and used the poles to help – with this transition.

We will get there and I know it’s hard work but finally NOW for a very long time I’m really enjoying riding , especially on my lovely patient and longsuffering Sosso . He really is one in million. :love:

Nicky please feel free to add any comments good or bad - I can take it.

Sorry no still pics - still trying to figure out how to do it :doh:
Tanya

Postby Chevalblanc » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:39 am

:thumbup: Looking forward to pics. Might be able to sneak over for a weekend in the autumn, looks like my new job will only be Tues, Weds & Thurs :-D
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Tanya » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:35 pm

Chevalblanc wrote::thumbup: Looking forward to pics. Might be able to sneak over for a weekend in the autumn, looks like my new job will only be Tues, Weds & Thurs :-D

Sounds like a plan Helen - might be brave and put up a snippet of video if I can
Tanya

Postby M-E » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:32 pm

That sounds a great time Tanya, looking forward to seeing the pics
M-E

Postby Trudi » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:57 am

Sounds excellent Tanya :thumbup: yes be brave and get posting some video, sure it's not as bad as you think!
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:39 pm

Great report (worth the wait :wink: :lol: ).

I would love to see some video and also to hear Nicky's account of the lessons.

Interesting about the saddle -I can well believe it, it is crazy how many saddles make it physically impossible for you to get in the right position.

Sounds like you all had a lovely time. I am more than a bit :mrgreen:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements