A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Rider Confidence courses

Rider Confidence courses

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:39 pm

This is the latest course they are offering at the Centre of Horseback Combat near London where we do our archery:

http://www.horsebackcombat.co.uk/Rider- ... urses.html

Thought I'd mention it as they have some good pre-xmas deals on at the moment, check out their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Cent ... 98?fref=nf

I have spent some time with Karl, who runs the course, and he is a great teacher, very easy to get along with and has a great sense of humour :-D They've got some lovely horses too.....

Really looking forward to our archery training there next spring :thumbup:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Rider Confidence courses

Postby Tess and Organza » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:05 am

I'd love to do something like that, would be a bit like doing a refresher course for me as my riding Ganz has been so sporadic for some time I can hardly remember or believe how confident I became at one point with her shinnangans... :wink:
One good thing is that I am managing to build myself up physically again as I've been doing quite a bit of repetition strength exercises and yoga in the last few weeks, I know that big arms etc are not a requisite of riding but I felt so puny and unlike me, as if Id smash like a glass if I fell off, feel much more me again now :-D The only thing left to do is stop the last few fags I still smoke, then perhaps I will stop coughing my guts up when I try to run....sorry off subject, but might be interesting to think about how our physical and mental condition affects our confidence when riding...
Tess and Organza

Postby littlewhitehorse » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:44 am

:thumbup: looks absolutely great :-D :-D plenty to read, I only checked out the Home page so far. Love the way the text about how much fun it is is interspersed with disclaimers about insurance :lol: and bit of a home made website but full of enthusiasm. The place looks brill, I used to live in Herts. too. I would have a go if things were different, always fancied archery.
Not archery, but one of my fave films is A Knight's Tale.
littlewhitehorse

Postby Chevalblanc » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:27 pm

Well if anyone wants to go and do something up there, you'd be more than welcome to come and stay with me and I'd drive you there and photograph the day. It's not a massive trip (compared to the distances I used to drive in France!) and it'd be fun. Have always fancied a go at jousting too.... :joust: There really isn't anywhere else in the country that offers what they do, and yes, their insurance costs a fortune which is why they go on about it! They'd be horrified by the gung-ho approach to health & safety over at our club in France :wink: :eek:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Return to Announcements