A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Creative Equine Training

Re: Creative Equine Training

Postby spottygiraffe » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:12 pm

Audio and visual cameos by Alick then :lol:

Lovely vids :love: Ali looked great and what a fab lesson in how light you can actually be. Trudi showed me the neck massage with Iz and Iz isn't touchy feely at all, but she let Trudi get right in there. I'm sure Sky will love it. Once you get the neck relaxed then the trick is keeping it there :?
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Trudi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:51 am

I didn't realise there was sound :lol: :lol:
I have yet to meet a horse that doesn't like the neck massage I have a client whose horse keeps coming back to me every time she can for one- many nap towards the gate she naps towards me :lol: :lol:
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:54 am

Trudi wrote:many nap towards the gate she naps towards me

:love: :love: :love: You've got the magic touch. Iz preferred your masage to mine!
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Postby Tess and Organza » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:03 pm

Its something I could do alot more with Ganza....especially as I am a trained masseuse... :oops:
Tess and Organza

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:06 am

Tess, Felix still talks about the foot massage you gave him!
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Postby Tess and Organza » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:10 am

:lol: Could do hoof massages :-D Yep Felix isnt the only one...folks present me their feet sometimes and ask me to do them like I did X amount of time ago...sometimes I think what? when was that then? usually it was at a party..oh god Im such a professional... :roll:
Tess and Organza

Postby Chevalblanc » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:18 pm

In case you missed Trudi's latest blog posts on FB here are the links:

http://www.creativeequinetraining.com/blog/?p=132

http://www.creativeequinetraining.com/blog/?p=140
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:08 pm

I read the small steps post which I liked :thumbup: but hadn't seen the Don't touch me there one which has some interesting aspects. I like this question :
Do we risk making a stressful situation worse or can we actually change their opinion of something and turn stress into relaxation?

I would say yes, we can; something I seek to do but without clicker. I think it is a good thing to practice (in whatever way) so if there is an emergency you have a path to finding relaxation.
littlewhitehorse

Postby spottygiraffe » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:16 am

littlewhitehorse wrote:read the small steps post which I liked but hadn't seen the Don't touch me there one which has some interesting aspects. I like this question : Do we risk making a stressful situation worse or can we actually change their opinion of something and turn stress into relaxation? I would say yes, we can; something I seek to do but without clicker. I think it is a good thing to practice (in whatever way) so if there is an emergency you have a path to finding relaxation

I think we can too, I agree with you. I would use the clicker because I'm most comfortable with that but I'm sure there are different approaches that would work just as well. A click is useful because it gives them something to concentrate on and it can be done from the ground or in the saddle. I had some success in calming Iz down on hacks using a click, as long as I kept on top of it and never let her small stressy moments escalate into no-going back ones. I think many people are guilty of making a stressful situation worse though -even subconsciously, through subtle changes in breath, tension, behaviour.... and of course more obvious triggers. Not having enough time to deal with a situation properly has got to be top of the list for increasing everyone's stress levels.
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Postby littlewhitehorse » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Yes, good example is when you hear someone saying help, I have to administer ear or eye drops and my horse won't let me! It is going to be a whole lot easier if you've worked on getting their trust with touching all the sensitive precious bits when you have the time and without the stress and pain involved in a crisis.
littlewhitehorse

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements