A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Cycling

Like riding only with two wheels and no horse. Kinda...

Re: Cycling

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:29 am

So....can you walk today, Helen?
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:53 pm

Remarkably unscathed, actually. May even give it another go......
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby spottygiraffe » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:54 am

Just a thought, but could we have a little fitness section on here? Maybe Mike could blog his running (I would be very interested in that) as I am meant to be doing this 10k in March then the triathlon.....

I am definitely having a mid-life crisis over this and I have bought myself a new bike:
DSCF4043.JPG
DSCF4043.JPG (1.92 MiB) Viewed 397 times

It has suspension on the front forks and the seat -it is probably higher spec than my car!

Just editing to say sorry for the huge photo and that the price you can see is not for the one I bought!!!!!!!!!!!! It was considerably less than that ;)
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Postby Candy » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:19 pm

Chevalblanc wrote:Choccy occasionally tries to wipe herself out by running across the front of the bike......but then she does that when the horses canter too :roll:

Yeah and she does that when I run with her. How I still have all the skin on my knees, I don't know...
Candy

Postby Bonbon » Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:10 pm

Sarah, 36km!!!??? :shock: We need a 'bow down' smiley!!
I've done a bit of cycling before, not too keen, although i think I prefer it to running, which I don't think I'm very good at :? , I'd probably prefer walking, which I don't do very often, prefer to take the car! :rofl: Actually I really like sitting on the sofa watching tv or messing on the laptop! :rofl: :rofl:
Bonbon

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:47 am

I'd rather walk or ride (horse) these days. We used to do some great pub crawl bike rides when we lived in Hertfordshire. Now we have several bicycles gathering dust in the cellar; used them lots when we first came but we were younger & fitter. There are lots of hills here :roll: I needed a gel pad or several ;)

Our gîte guests did 72km yesterday :roll: :roll: :roll: & 60 the day before! When they booked last year giving cycling as their special interest I thought :shock: but they have come back this year for more :random:
littlewhitehorse

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:52 am

Bonbon wrote:Sarah, 36km!!!??? We need a 'bow down' smiley!!

No, not at all Di. I am humbled having spoken to my bil who said that a good pace is 30mph -I am doing 20kph!!!!!!!!!!!!

littlewhitehorse wrote:We used to do some great pub crawl bike rides when we lived in Hertfordshire

Did you used to do it on horseback too? We did the occasional pub ride and once we went Christmas carolling on the neds for the RDA fuelled by lots of mulled wine.
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 am

spottygiraffe wrote: once we went Christmas carolling on the neds for the RDA fuelled by lots of mulled wine.

That sounds much more like my kind of thing...... ;)
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Bonbon » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:19 pm

Pub crawls on horseback, we used to do that, great fun it was too!! :thumbup:
I've been thinking of doing it a bit of cycling recently, I left my bike in the UK, perhaps I should look into getting another. 8-)
Bonbon

Postby spottygiraffe » Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:42 pm

Bonbon wrote:I left my bike in the UK, perhaps I should look into getting another.

You can get a really decent one in Decathlon for €200 or thereabouts. I got a 'VTC' (velo tout chemin) which is a hybrid between a road bike and a mountain bike.

Here I am today taking mine out for a jaunt -I took a packed lunch, a map and a magazine and went off exploring. Did 37k (1hour 50) including going up a big ridge -wonderful views -but I had to go a bit steady downhill because I don't trust other road users. Although it has been pointed out to me that the French do respect cyclists because it is their national sport. can't say the same for walkers/horses :roll:

DSCF4069 (800x600).jpg
DSCF4069 (800x600).jpg (374.15 KiB) Viewed 381 times

Anyway, it was 30 degrees and I looked a lot more purple in the face and as sweaty as :horse: when I got back :P
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

PreviousNext

Return to Cycling