A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

POO PICKING

Swimming, Zorbing, Triathlon, Hang Gliding. It's all here.

POO PICKING

Postby Tanya » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:43 am

Yes I agree not actually a sport but Helen told me today that she walked 2kms something the other day poo picking the fields at mine......while I'm not into the gym or cycling etc...I didnt realise how much I walked everyday poo picking - it's a great workout as well for the arms and stomach.....bring it on :horsepoo:
Tanya

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: POO PICKING

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:07 am

Poo picking both of the fields at Tanya's on my own on Friday I walked 2.5kms. The map looks like one of the SNO's drawings!! :lol:

http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1763065
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby spottygiraffe » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am

That is so cool! It certainly feels like good exercise, especially when it is has been raining. Must record an in-hand sesh and see how far I walk in half an hour of that.

I wonder what other horse-related activites are good? Mucking out, hefting feed bags and trimming are all pretty knackering.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:17 am

spottygiraffe wrote:
I wonder what other horse-related activites are good? Mucking out, hefting feed bags and trimming are all pretty knackering.

So is carrying several bidons of water down the track to the girls' field every day....... :roll:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Tanya » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Said to Helen think I should advertise - GET FIT FAST - come and poo pick everyday for 2 weeks - notice the difference :thumbup:

Do you think I would get a takers :lol:
Tanya

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:05 am

That map is :lol: I have to push two bidons in a barrow uphill everyday; all our outdoor water is from the citerne and the field I'm using at the mo is uphill, unfortunately water doesn't flow uphill unless it's pumped or tapped... :roll: Then I'm too tired to do the poo picking :oops: the field's on a hill; keeps Lucie fit tho :D
littlewhitehorse

Postby Tanya » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:47 pm

Flipping heck Shelia I was knackered reading what you do.... :lol: See who needs a gym when you got a :horse:
Tanya

Postby Tanya » Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:06 pm

Decided going to buy a step meter - to record just how much walking up and down I do to the horses and walking around :horsepoo:
Tanya

Return to Other Sporting Pastimes