A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Your other sports

Swimming, Zorbing, Triathlon, Hang Gliding. It's all here.

Your other sports

Postby M-E » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:04 pm

Couldn't really think of agood title

I was having a dig through old photos today looking for Dana dog and found some old pic of when Cliff and myself did motor sport, 4x4 off road driving a tpe of car trec :lol:

Thought you might like to see some pics

The genral state of me after a day playing

tryinh to climb a bank

When it goes wrong

water jump

Team chase, the car in front is pulling me and I'm pulling one behind

What other sports did you do?
M-E

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Your other sports

Postby spottygiraffe » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:13 pm

ME!!! Flipping heck..... Fantastic photos -you look so sweet and innocent :angel: It all looks a bit hairy to me though -I prefer my motorsport as a spectator sport :-D

Skiing is my other thang -I will root out some photos to post (I have loads, but none on this hard drive). Hardly ever ski on piste -have been known to abseil down a cliff with my skis strapped to me back :wink: Mind you, that was before I became a mother.....
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Trudi » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:20 pm

Very cool M-E :thumbup:
Trudi

Postby JennieF » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:29 pm

?? Trialling M-E - we used to do safari racing in RR based buggy with a 5.7 ltr chevvy V8 - so much fun but all the expensive toys got sold before we came here - my daily transport was a V8 SWB SIII land rover but I couldnt afford to run it now :thumbdown:

I would love to play a bit of tennis or squash or even badminton but no-one seems to do much sport around here - in fact I dont think I've ever seen a tennis court - we do have a table tennis table in the barn loft which hasnt been used for ages - might have to sweep the bat poo off and have a go at that again if I can persuade the OH to be a bit 'active' ...
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby M-E » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:13 am

We marshalled a couple of times at Salibury downs for the safari comps, you might have whizzed past us :lol: we did it late 80"s early 90"s. Comp sarari, now that is an expensive sport, the trailing was much cheaper and much slower, as long as you got over/through the obstacles and didn't touch the side canes (which where only a few inches wider than the car) you could take as long as you wanted but you could not stop or go back.
M-E

Postby JennieF » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:32 am

That would have been before I was with Simon but he was racing then so yes - you probably 'marshalled' him - there was a lot of fun to had getting wet and muddy back in the days when we could afford to do motorsport .......

My surprise 40th B-day pressie was my competition license and driving at a Comp Safari on Salisbury Plain - what fun :hurray: :hurray:

Heres a couple of photos of Simon and Roger having fun.......
Attachments
racer2.jpg
racer2.jpg (131.5 KiB) Viewed 311 times
racer.jpg
racer.jpg (160.5 KiB) Viewed 311 times
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Chevalblanc » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:41 am

That looks like a lot of fun, M-E :thumbup:

We had a brief foray into skiing (totally crap at it, spent one whole day learning to get off the ski lift without causing a pile up :roll: ) but our main sport (before kids) was motorcycling. Will have to dig out some pics, it's all pre digital.......
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby JennieF » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:46 am

I've never tried skiing - would love to have a go as it looks like a lot of fun - my sister lives near Geneva so I really should go and stay with her and try it - no excuse really ....

I grew up on bikes too Helen (I had 3 big brothers who provided my first moped for my 16th B-day - much to mothers horror!!!!) - those were the days, mind you when I ride a bike these days I am so much more aware of the traffic around me and how dangerous it is - I guess that means I am getting old :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby M-E » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:44 pm

I would have love to had a go at sking, the nearest I got was sitting on a plastic sack and skiing down a stupidly steep hill the one time we has a decent bit of snow as a child :roll:

I never got into bikes, after getting hit by one while out riding I advoided them like the plague

We did over the years archary and shotgun clay shoots I miss doing both but the archary guys get so bloody serious and you have to where green etc and on the shooting front they just don't do our type, they do skeet which is too boring and fast for me.

Jennie found a pic of us Marshalling at Salisbury, resucing a 2cv of all things any chance Simon would remember that car?

M-E

Postby Bonbon » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:19 pm

Never really had another sport! :roll: Did try skiing once on a dry slope, not very good at it, came down backwards! Played a bit of badminton one year when we started a league at work, but really, the closest I've come to sport is playing pool down the local, did quite a bit of that! :drink: :lol:
Bonbon

Next

Return to Other Sporting Pastimes