A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

saturation

Re: saturation

Postby Chevalblanc » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:06 am

Gandalf's sure happy to be in a big herd after a while of being in charge of their herd of 3, he'd far rather someone else took over. He's in charge of the cattle at night too - including Billy the Bull :wink:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby littlewhitehorse » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:58 am

Itmakes me think about the whole psychology of horses as individuals, how the way they are doesnt always depend on us their human careres and trainers, they also have completely their own lives in their own horse world, their emotions, feelings, challenges, fears, their hopes perhaps, their longings to be fullfilled?

:agree: We don't often get the chance to see our inner horses revealed but being thrown into a herd or a new environment exposes them. This has become a very interesting topic for discussion and thought, and relates in part to the discussion about ask a mare/tell a gelding and what makes them tick, because even taking sex (as in M/F) into account not all horses seek to be dominant and organising, and some by circumstance are obliged to take on that role but aren't happy with it. E.g. Gandalf:

Chevalblanc wrote:Gandalf's sure happy to be in a big herd after a while of being in charge of their herd of 3, he'd far rather someone else took over. He's in charge of the cattle at night too - including Billy the Bull :wink:

Seraphina being a female example. She is very happy to be led by Lucie. When I introduced Tayenne last summer & removed Lucie, Fina was really stressed, and Helen has plenty of example of her misplaced attempts to push other horses around. She was simply not very effective because innately it wasn't her role. Equally Lucie is happier now she has someone to lead. Fascinating!
littlewhitehorse

Postby Tess and Organza » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:29 am

It is very interesting! maybe if we all had the chance to understand then provide exactly what our inner horse is needing we wouldnt have so many problems, but this is of course impossible just sometimes happens by chance. In Ganza's case I feel Im begginning to understand her secret world, the dentist told me long ago that she is brehain, a stallion mare, and when the vet first saw her on the other side of the field at a distance she thought from her way of standing and being that she was just that. The dentist told me all those years ago that she was capable of being extremely brave and dependable with a human rider just as she is in a herd, I never believed him, now Im begginning to see that with circumstance and age that might be coming through. cait is amazed, keeps riding her all the time because she enjoys her so much, I feel like our boat came in :-D I'm going to investigate the secret life of horses alot more from now on! I love everyone's stories about their experiences of this too, understanding is at the begginning of learning
Tess and Organza

Postby littlewhitehorse » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:19 am

:thumbup:
littlewhitehorse

Previous

Return to Discussion