A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

chronic diarrhea

Re: chronic diarrhea

Postby Tess and Organza » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:58 pm

diarrhea is practically gone,hallaluhah, only needs a quick sponge every three days or so if theres a little staining on her legs, but her actual bot is clean, passing completely normal droppings now,her wound although still open appears to be much smaller with only a pinhead of white, not green pus, can now be cleaned every two days without change. Im thinking its the biogard helping her immune system :thumbup: but the diarrhea improvement is also I think due to having readily available long fibre (her hay) available all night so therefore longer periods of active transit, I think... :wink: All three horses looking good, Kiki has lost her horrible angular hip bones (not a good look for a pottiok) and seems relaxed, her coats begginning to change for winter, Ganza not yet, Netty as usual is already in molt, she likes to get ready for winter early :-D well of course its just that shes super tuned to the diminishing daylight hours :wink:
Tess and Organza

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Chevalblanc » Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:19 am

:thumbup:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Tess and Organza » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:02 am

The squits are back...bugger!
Tess and Organza

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:25 am

So are Gandalf's, bloody grass is still growing. Muzzle back on, much to his disgust......
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Tess and Organza » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:12 am

oh dear, squits and a muzzle, poor ole bugger :roll: but yes, what else can one do...I find that kiki is worse if they aren't quick to refill the hay,seems to need constant transit, I've decided to leave the hay open day and night now, they don't stuff so much if they can get it all the time and seem to be anxious about it being closed all day since the weather got so wet and nippy at night recently. Been thinking alot about the differences in digestion, they seem happier with constant forage, although obviously cant constantly graze rich english grass like you've got :shock: the paddock is quite poor here and as I say they seem to dose themselves if the hay is open all the time. I shall keep an eye on weight but for now I feel its the right thing, they have no other way to keep warm after all, get no other food, Netty has her winter coat now,but not yet the fluffy leggings, Ganzi is just starting to look less sleek haired,and Kiki is a bit slower with it as usual, cant wash her squitty bum as even after towell drying she gets cold, will have to get her a blow dryer :lol:
Tess and Organza

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:14 pm

I'm not too worried, all of them are a bit squitty at the moment as it's relatively warm and wet so the grass is still growing. Even the other liveries who are all TB types were splatting all over the yard earlier whilst waiting for the farrier........
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Tess and Organza » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:17 am

girls seem happy with the hay open, everyone very laid back yesterday and grazing,came for cuddles no bitching competition for carrots,everyone unusually polite, kiki squits have dried up for the time being at least, like you say helen, probably best not to worry too much
Tess and Organza

Postby Chevalblanc » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Went to see the boy today, only to discover that he'd somehow managed to get his muzzle off and was wearing it like a necklace.....and he was nose down eating the nettles, so I guess he was self-medicating? Anyway, he's squitty with it on just as much as when he's without it so probably no point getting another one.....
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Tess and Organza » Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:49 pm

:lol: :lol: self medicating, just leave him to it, hes been alive for twenty plus years, doin his thing, probably knows better than any of us what he needs :love:
Tess and Organza

Postby Tess and Organza » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:42 pm

Does anyone know a good link for info on homeopathic remedies? Her runs are a bit tarry now, really hard to clean, have stopped the probiotic since yesterday as she seems worse, but not ill in herself
Tess and Organza

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion