A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

chronic diarrhea

Re: chronic diarrhea

Postby Tess and Organza » Tue Nov 18, 2014 8:58 am

Kiki is now on day four of panacur guard and cortisone injections...her squits have stopped. Is that because the wormer has delt with a long standing parasite? or because the cortisone has calmed an inflamatory bowell? anyone had any experience of this? she also seems extremely full of herself and is much more bouncy than usual. She is a good girl for her injections as usual but yesterday I found it really hard to get the needle in without quite a push, my legs went wobbly, normally goes in like its butter, any ideas why ? could she be tensing as after a few days she anticipates the needle? might go for her croup today, although that usually requires a stab, not nice, would be a terrible vet :oops:
Tess and Organza

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby JennieF » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:07 pm

How is she doing now Tess ???
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Tess and Organza » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:24 pm

Still completely dry Jennie, thanks for asking :-D she had the last cortisone on wednesday. If it comes back quickly then I would presume that she has an inflamatory bowell condition that was soothed by the cortisone?
Tess and Organza

Postby JennieF » Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:48 pm

good news - let hope it stays that way :thumbup: :thumbup:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Tess and Organza » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:36 pm

its back....only a tiny bit but...spoke to the vet, she says it will probably come back full tilt in the next days,that we can now assume she has an inflamatory problem with her bowell,or a permeable bowell I think she said... and there is no cure for it. She cant have regular cortisone obviously, just now and again if it gets bad. But that doesnt stop me from trying to sooth the problem with similar ways that humans might, allowing for the difference in bowell structure. So now Im going to try by trial and error to discover exactly what type of problem it is and if anything helps...Kiki is turning out to be a complete pain the arse healthwise, but there you go, nothing to do but find solutions that might hopefully make both our lives easier :wink: Im thinking aloe vera atm
Tess and Organza

Postby poneysPie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:16 pm

Aloa Vera might well help, if not i'm sure there'll be some sort of herbs or homeopathy.
Google is your friend, try something like "natural (or homeopathic) remedies for Equine Inflamatory Bowell"
“Ask often; be content with little, praise a great deal.” (Nuno Oliveira)
poneysPie

Postby poneysPie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Seems China rubra is your homeopathic remedy for the diarrhoea Tess

Irritable Bowelhttp://www.homeopathyguide.net/pathologies/irritable-bowel-syndrome/#more-773

and

Imflamatory Bowel Diseas/Ulcerative Colitis http://www.homeopathyguide.net/pathologies/ulcerative-colitis/#more-1559

both recommend it's use for the skits :wink:
poneysPie

Postby Tess and Organza » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Thankyou Nicky, I did google but didnt come up with alot...so thats brilliant x
Tess and Organza

Postby poneysPie » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:50 pm

I would also email Ellen Collinson, explain the situation and ask her about herbal remedies for calming the bowel.

http://www.equineiridology.eu/index.php

have emailed her various questions about her products and always had a prompt always received a pomprt, informative and friendly reply :thumbup:
poneysPie

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:18 am

Sorry to read this and I had missed some of your earlier posts but don't have any answers for your questions. Poor little Kiki and poor you, you wouldn't expect so much trouble from a small rustic pone. Try the homeopathy (china was what my book said too) and the aloe vera :hug: lots of good suggestions frm Nicky.
littlewhitehorse

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion