A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

homeopathy for horses

homeopathy for horses

Postby Tess and Organza » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:52 am

Trying to find more solutions for Kiki,Does anyone know a good link for info on homeopathic remedies? Her runs are a bit tarry now, really hard to clean, have stopped the probiotic since yesterday as she seems worse, but not ill in herself. Would I follow the same homeopathy for her as for people?
Tess and Organza

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: homeopathy for horses

Postby M-E » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:05 am

This is the company I use Tess

http://www.freechem.co.uk/index2.html

Have a look they might have some information
M-E

Postby Tess and Organza » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:49 am

cheers me dear :)
Tess and Organza

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:32 am

I have a book in French about homeopathy for horses, I'll have a look when I get home, you could borrow it if we can get together. I could also ask someone I know who uses homeopathy on theirs.
I kinda like the idea crazy as it sounds, it does no harm and maybe some good.
littlewhitehorse

Postby poneysPie » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:56 am

Just Google "homeopathic remedy for whatever that's what I do. Also find the French sites much more informative than the English ones. You can just ask in the chemist too, most of them have done homeopathy as part of their studies and are only too happy to help. Horses or humans, I don't see that it makes any difference where homeopathic remedies are concerned.
“Ask often; be content with little, praise a great deal.” (Nuno Oliveira)
poneysPie

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:58 am

littlewhitehorse wrote:I kinda like the idea crazy as it sounds, it does no harm and maybe some good.

That's where I am with it -although since I changed my own diet and have become more aware of what I eat I have become more convinced that we can heal ourselves by eating the right foods (plants).
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Trudi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:08 am

I just can't take the leap without the science to back it up. In humans I get the placebo effect but horses :hide: but like Sheila says it isn't harmful unless you shun medical help so why not if you can afford it.
Sarah I am absolutely certain that I poison my poor body daily with some of my rubbish food choices, only last night they were talking on the Beeb about rice containing sometimes dangerous amounts of arsenic :shock:
Anyway Tess I hope it works even though I can't believe it does, poor Kiki.
Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:47 pm

I am just ready to try anything.... :roll: btw homeopathy has worked well with the humans in my family...for instance arnica, who can doubt its efficiency....talking of what we eat I firmly believe in the daily addition of fresh herbs to food, medieval style, all sorts of trace elements etc not found elsewhere in such concentration, for nearly every maladie theres a plant solution, even the extremes of chemo poisons are sometimes based on amongst other things mistletoe and yew...
Tess and Organza

Postby Trudi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Tess I fully understand you wanting to try anything :hug: :hug:
I suppose I'm just a bit :shock: that so many believe in something that has nothing in it and no scientific proof that it works but each to his own. I've never used arnica, think I must be the only person around that hasn't :lol:
Hope she dries up soon.
Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:14 pm

so do I Trudi ! its like sticky toffee...but without the nice bit...I was washing her the other day and managed to splash poo water in my face, including my eyes, my son insisted on complete eye wash on the spot, probably good idea, anyways cant argue with a biology student :lol: I cant wash her everyday now because Im loathed to soak her now its turning cold so I make sure three times a week and keep checking for any soreness round there...her wound in her side is remarkably good though :thumbup: when I can buy a decent sensitive gut feed this week,I will try the probiotics again as due to ongoing poverty Ive been giving it with a couple of carrots so might work better in feed ? Also shes never been seen by a dentist so I think thats the next thing I need to put aside for in case theres an underlying dentition problem....goes through bloody everything :lol:
Tess and Organza

Next

Return to Discussion