A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Move back to the UK?

Re: Move back to the UK?

Postby Chevalblanc » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:50 pm

:agree: we're in Gloucestershire where land sells for about 10 grand an acre :eek: If we ever want our own place it'll have to be in Wales......luckily I have found a livery on a farm which is very affordable and I can keep them out, most UK liveries don't offer much winter turnout (if any) and cost a fortune...... :thumbdown:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Amirah » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:04 pm

Oops, sorry about my confusion Hawkshadow, didn't know who you were, assumed you were in France, thanks for filling me in M-E :thumbup: .

Yep it's not cheap M-E in the SW, hopefully not impossible for us but we'll have to see....
Amirah

Postby Trudi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Amirah wrote: I'm veggie & get pretty fed up of eating pizza, although now eat a bit of fish too, to make life easier when eating out lol. Choice of veggie food here is very poor, love shopping back in UK.

How much does livery in the UK cost now? Can't really ask my mates as they all own their own places...I don't fancy living in Wales or Scotland lol, want to be South West...

:xmaslaugh: my daughter is a veggie, we still eat fish but prefer veggie if possible and the UK is much easier to find food!

Livery, I pay £180 per horse per calendar month which includes use of indoor school, fab hacking, turnout 24/7 for 7 months of the year and stabled at nights for 5 months. All hay and straw, rug dryer, wash down area and good sized tack room. Excellent value for me having been the other end of the livery equation in the past!
Trudi

Previous

Return to Discussion