A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Teacher/Coach/Trainer info please

Re: Teacher/Coach/Trainer info please

Postby JennieF » Fri May 27, 2016 12:27 pm

Trudi wrote: there seems to be rich pickings over there!

a lot of gullible idiots with more money than sense ..... I dont think it would be much fun trying to teach them anything Trudi ... :banghead: :banghead:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Trudi » Sat May 28, 2016 6:36 am

I think in some cases that is true Jennie although the lady that came to me about the CN trainer visiting her is just so desperate to get some decent training she would try anything- once!
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Mon May 30, 2016 7:28 pm

Trudi, I think you could charge a bit more :wink: You are in danger of selling yourself short.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby FlorayG » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:12 am

spottygiraffe wrote:Trudi, I think you could charge a bit more :wink: You are in danger of selling yourself short.

Desi Lorent used to teach people for free if he thought they were worth it and just couldn't afford his fees. He made up for this by charging the rich people (he had a few of those!) whatever they would stand to cover it. I never paid him for a lesson although he did get his money's worth back after a couple of months because I quit my job and went to work for him - for which he didn't pay me.

My point being, Trudi likes to teach people who really want to learn. People with loads of money don't necessarily fit into that category, often they expect the teacher to produce miracles if they are charging high rates. Pricing is a difficult thing to get right.
FlorayG

Postby fabikat » Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:43 pm

Firstly I like them to accept my horse for who he is, not aspiring to be the next olympic hopeful, and want to improve the animal they have infront of them. I have first hand experience of being told my horse was not worth training and it was a big low point for me :thumbdown:
Secondly to be pushed to improve as a rider but with encouragement. And the horse to be sensibly asked to widen his boundaries but with forgiveness.
I enjoy seeing a trainer pop on my horses frim time to time but it is not essential
Dont think I would pay mega bucks for training as a regular but maybe for a one off if it was an elite who appealed to me.
Cant think who that may be atm though... :confused: :lol:
katy x
fabikat

Postby Trudi » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:14 am

Thanks- same here I can't think of anyone in dressage terms I'd pay big bucks to see :hmmm:

Have written the draft- as always will come back to it and publich in the blog later.
Thanks everyone.
Trudi

Previous

Return to Discussion