A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

photos from my phone

photos from my phone

Postby Tess and Organza » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:06 pm

How and can I put photos on directly from my phone? Want to update in several places!!
Tess and Organza

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: photos from my phone

Postby Chevalblanc » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:14 pm

Easiest way is to use the Tapatalk app, more on that here: https://www.proboards.com/mobile-forum-app
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:05 am

I hate the Tapatalk app :evil: :evil: :evil: it isn't just for this forum, you have to log in and register to Tapatalk, then locate this forum. I have had apps for other forums and this is the worst of the annoying worst. I don't use it any more. Every time I get the hang of it there is an update and the interface changes and I am lost again. I did use it to upload photos to the forum because it resizes them so they aren't enormous images.

I have an app on my phone called Resizemypics, I resize them to 500 pixels wide then they fit nicely on the forum posts. Or I do it by uploading photos from phone to Google pics or via computer and resize.
littlewhitehorse

Postby littlewhitehorse » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:09 am

Helen, I see you are posting photos here through Flicka, does it resize automatuically to fit the forum or how are you resizing the photos for posting?
littlewhitehorse

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:51 pm

No, once you upload to Flickr, when you click share for a photo, it comes up with size options, I always go for medium which is 500 pixels wide, but you can choose anything from a thumbnail to full size. Much the best way to add pictures to a post I think, but you do have to do the extra step of uploading to Flickr in the first place.

There is a Flickr phone app, Tess, so if you had that you could upload your pics straight from the phone, them embed them in posts like I do......
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:38 pm

I'll give Flickr a try, I think I already have an account and haven't really used it... Will check out the app, thanks :thumbup:
littlewhitehorse

Postby Trudi » Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:04 am

:random: I don't do that much technology Tess :lol: I have Lydia's old phone which would but I'm a cheapskate and won't buy a data package.
Trudi

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:52 pm

Chevalblanc wrote:No, once you upload to Flickr, when you click share for a photo, it comes up with size options, I always go for medium which is 500 pixels wide, but you can choose anything from a thumbnail to full size. Much the best way to add pictures to a post I think, but you do have to do the extra step of uploading to Flickr in the first place.

There is a Flickr phone app, Tess, so if you had that you could upload your pics straight from the phone, them embed them in posts like I do......

I am lost here... have the Flickr app, have photo, click Share ... to where? how do I get it resized and on the forum? I don't see any size options unless I click Save, then no 500 pix offered... :confused: I can post an url but won't it be original size? Sorry prob being thick...
littlewhitehorse

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:45 am

Ha, yes, just installed the app and you can't embed photos from it, just copy and paste a link, which is one way of doing it I suppose......you'll need to be on a laptop to embed the pics, choose the size etc.

Screenshot (269).png
Screenshot (269).png (173.31 KiB) Viewed 151 times

But once you have the app, it's easier to upload pics from your phone to Flickr, so that bit's easier at least.....
Helen

Chevalblanc

Return to Discussion