A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Members ... access

Members ... access

Postby JennieF » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:22 pm

Following on from Helen's 'chat' about removing people who just pop in to see what is going on and never post ... I do wonder if this would be better as a private forum - we don't seem to attract many new members anyway and I must admit that the fact that anyone who wants to 'troll' on the internet can pop in to see what we are up to irritates me :evil: its easy to know who is looking at your FB feed and people who aren't 'friends' cant see what you are up to ...

If people cant be bothered to join in, why do they come online and look to see what other people are up to ... there are often 'visitors' showing as on the forum :confused: :confused:

Just my airing my thoughts :tongue: :tongue:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Members ... access

Postby JennieF » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:51 am

12 views ... and no comments ... well I guess that was all the 'lurkers' :lol: :lol:

I must have been in 'grumpy old git' mode yesterday - feel free to delete this post Helen if you want to
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Trudi » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:33 am

16 now :lol:
I agree Jennie all the lurkers :wave: get in on the act without even having to register let alone post.
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:13 am

I don't see a problem, let people lurk if they want to! I sometimes send people links to certain threads if they're asking about something that we've discussed, it can be useful for them to read other people's comments, but they're not always the sort of person who wants to join a forum.......

But come on, lurkers, why not join in? :-D
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby spottygiraffe » Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:04 pm

17 :tongue:

Not a grumpy old git, Jennie, you have raised a very valid point and you are more than entitled to share your opinion.

For me the forum should stay public. We still have the option of posting our deepest darkest secrets in the Collecting Ring Bar :wink: We'll never invite anyone to join that unless they are a regular poster and all the existing members agree.

I browse forums all the time without posting or being a member but they are normally just pages that pop up from a Google search and I don't revisit the same sites. I have no problem with people wanting to use our forum as a source of information because after all I think we are a pretty ethical and enlightened lot.

For those who have joined up but have never/rarely posted but still read then I think it's a real shame because we would love to hear from you. It doesn't matter if you don't think you have anything groundbreaking to say, it's just nice to know you're there with the occasional :thumbup: or :agree:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby littlewhitehorse » Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:46 pm

I just commented on the Chat and I have no problem with people lurking but do wish they would comment if they have bothered to join. I am sorry that some who used to post have disappeared or got bored or prefer Facebook. It seems to be just a few of us always in the discussions. You can't have a discussion without having an opinion. I always think that the intro about the forum on the home page Is very fair and sums it up exactly.
littlewhitehorse

Postby fabikat » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:37 am

Hello.
I have been lurking a long time. For me it purely that it is easier to use fbook. There I have a little of everything i one place. Yes, there is lots of crap I don't want to see or read but that can gradually filtered out.
Much of the time I don't feel I have much of interest to share but I will try and pop-in and let you know I am around.
katy x
fabikat

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:33 pm

:wave: Katy
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby JennieF » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi Katy :wave: :wave:

How are your boys??? - I see the odd photos of FB but not often ... not sure why but FB seems to decide on a fairly arbitrary fashion whose posts you see and whose you dont !!!
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Return to Discussion