A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

where should i go and what should I try?

where should i go and what should I try?

Postby Tess and Organza » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:21 pm

This summer I'd like to invest in either a short course or a regular slot or a few short courses. Main issues are my confidence and my finesse. Any ideas? No big big bucks to spend but this summer I should have a bit aside and thats what I want to do.
Tess and Organza

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: where should i go and what should I try?

Postby Chevalblanc » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:27 pm

Go to Beaumont and do some more horseback archery with Isabelle, will do wonders for your confidence :-D
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Tess and Organza » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:05 pm

that's an idea...also takes care of riding without hands...if you know what I mean...I just keep having this feeling that the hands bit is something added on...not sure what Im trying to say but just feel like it should come from your body, seat, leg position, anything but hands...
Tess and Organza

Postby Trudi » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:28 am

My latest blog entry might make interesting reading- it discusses +R but really applies to lots of ways of training.
http://www.creativeequinetraining.com/blog/

Don't dismiss the hands- it is the greatest mistake I see - teach a response so that when you need the hand it is there. Then you can ride from the seat and mind knowing that the hand is understood.

Time. That is what you need and what nobody has. Even 5 minutes here and there. Turning out, feeding, picking out feet etc can all form part of your training.

I also have a free clicker course coming up, I'm still writing it and poor Katy is testing it for me; you're welcome to give it a go when it's ready.
Trudi

Postby fabikat » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:08 pm

Tess, definitely have a go at Trudi's clicker course. I am really enjoying it and all three horses too. Each horse is reacting to it differently due to their temperaments and characters but I can see the benefits for all three of them. It suits me too because I dont feel obliged to spend time every day clicker training when I dont really have time. Sometimes I just use the basics when handling them now in general every day stuff.
Trudi is very skilled at explaining and motivating and I feel privileged to have the opportunity to work with her and help her organise her clicker course.
katy x
fabikat

Postby Tess and Organza » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:47 pm

Thank you Trudi and Katy :)
I see what you mean about hands Trudi, yes I think I am always worried about hurting mouths and because Im not always confident in my other aids...I find it hard to feel what is right with Ganz..or I used to do because of a combination of us both anticipating a problem which became a self fulfilling prophecy! I would love to test the clicker course along with Katy, do you send by email?
Will look at the link too in a min :thumbup:
Just been to the field at lunchtime to see what needs doing in preparation :) hoping to manage the paddock paradise this time...
On doing little things with the + R in mind, well thats been my way for awhile, I think its what's made such a difference to our Relationship. Its taken awhile for me to get back to the idea of riding again...this helps, feels in line with my own ideals :thumbup:
Tess and Organza

Postby FlorayG » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:29 pm

I would suggest you attend one of Ben Harts courses. It will give you a good idea of where you want to go from here.
Plus he's really cute :wink:
FlorayG

Postby Trudi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:54 pm

:lol: ha now we know why you like him jackie :-D

Might be tricky for Tess in France

Tess, give me this week to get clear of judging and I'll FB you the course or email me at trudidempsey@btinternet.com as katy will confirm I am literally writing as I go and work tends to keep getting in the way :roll:
Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:26 pm

Thank you Trudi :love:
I know how you feel, I'm up to my ears in evolutive lessons plans...tricky as untill May I only have four thirty minute slots per week for ten children, before we have to jump on the bus and get back to the next village for evening garderie :random: even a one hour slot goes very fast with ten 9 yr olds :random:
Tess and Organza

Postby Trudi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Sounds hectic but I'm sure rewarding.
Trudi

Next

Return to Discussion