A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Voice cues or body language

Re: Voice cues or body language

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:47 pm

Chevalblanc wrote:Good point, Sheila. In the 3 minute horsemanship book one of the exercises is to try and synchronise your movement to the horse's - and that include your breathing!

That's sounding like a good ideas book :thumbup:

JennieF wrote:I'm really enjoying this thread - yes breathing Sheila :agree: - something that I know Susan speaks about

:agree: I learned a lot of this from Susan too.

Trudi wrote:Great thread but I am so blinking busy at the moment I don't feel I'm doing it justice Sheila.
Never too late to join in! You mentioned Jenny Rolfe, I noticed the slogan of her site is: "Our breathing is a potent tool in the creation of harmony between horse and rider".

I came across another website which is all about breathing and how to improve breathing in both humans and horses, there is some interesting stuff some of it a bit extreme in its ideas, and what do we think about the breathing masks for horses http://www.equinebreathing.com

Reading on this site, I think I may be over-breathing! Funnily enough, my calmest time is when I am with the horses, as I've learned to be calm around them and to control my respiration; but I'm a panicaholic the rest of the time :random: :lol:
littlewhitehorse

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Voice cues or body language

Postby Trudi » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:42 pm

I don't know about JR, don't want to say too much as I haven't experienced the work first hand but I have my doubts on it's efficacy as a stand alone method. I do have a problem with making things too complicated, breathing is important because we give so much away with the way we breathe - tension, excitement, anticipation will all be picked up on so it is important and I suppose to that extent affects harmony.
Trudi

Previous

Return to Discussion