A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

"Creative" clipping

"Creative" clipping

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:58 am

You may have seen this on our FB page: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sh ... ageandlink

Bit of an over reaction from PETA (again) perhaps, but why is no one concerned bout the picture of her riding in the double bridle with the horse's mouth open and the curb nearly horizontal?

Personally I'm not a fan of "creative clipping" as it's entirely for the owner's benefit rather than the horse's.........
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: "Creative" clipping

Postby Trudi » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:04 am

PETA do frustrate me and I'm sure they lose a lot of potential supporters because they choose silly targets. I'm no fan of clipping patterns but really it isn't the biggest issue- teaching the kid to ride would be my first concern after watching the video and yes Katie is no light handed rider!!
Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:26 am

Look, just from the dressage pic you can see that it's all about her, as I said on fb I'm not a fan, but in the light of the recent trolling she's had about her disabled son, this business of the clipping is a bit over the top. I'm not a fan either, i'm not keen on altering anything on the girls, I used to freak when they chopped a swathe off behind their ears at pony club for the bridle :lol:
Tess and Organza

Postby JennieF » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:59 pm

Trudi wrote:teaching the kid to ride would be my first concern after watching the video!!

:agree: :agree:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby M-E » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:37 am

What load of rubbish from PETA, I have absolutely no time for them all, what made me laugh was when I read it on FB I got a load of suggest related items to read the first was 20 top fun clipping patterns to make on your horse :rofl: :rofl:

Agree that there riding skills need some work going by the pic
M-E

Return to Discussion