A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Help...should I do this training course?

Help...should I do this training course?

Postby FlorayG » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:13 am

Shawna Karrasch is finally running an instructors course.
I really would like to get back into horse training professionally and I guess if I trained then I could do it part-time until I retire from my desk job ( or end up with enough clients to give up the desk job - I wish)
There's always a catch...the cost. Its £4k.
Dunno what to think I need to make up my mind before the end of January as that's when applications close. Of course it may all be moot, you have to be accepted and I might not even get on the course.
I guess I need to work on the business prospects. I know if I get on the course I can pass it. But I don't have the money I would have to borrow it.
what do you guys think?
https://connectiontraining.com/want-bec ... nstructor/
FlorayG

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Help...should I do this training course?

Postby Trudi » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:33 am

I got the details and discounted it but for reasons that wouldn't apply to you Jackie- I would be too tied to being part of the Connection training team- I love Shawna but not so fussed about the rest and not certain I want to train pure +R- I've seen the mess some have made of it. Cost- as with all these things it's about making the team money- and they say you can charge £40 a lesson which is a possibility but there are so many folks doing this stuff nowadays and I find it hard to get £20 off folks on a regular basis!
I really wanted Ben to do his courses all together (he had metnioned this) so that I could get up to level 4 which is a 'teachers' level. I think his work sits alongside other techniques that I already have.
You will get on the course, I'd be very surprised if you didn't, and I think you'd be great at it. The time in Spain sounds good :wink: . Self employment stinks in many ways but then so does a desk job :lol: without OH I couldn't afford to do it.
Trudi

Re: Help...should I do this training course?

Postby FlorayG » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:24 pm

Yeah and I do without an OH. But I wouldn't give up my current job, maybe drop a few hours and work 4 days if I could make up the difference.
I didn't know Ben did training - I'd be much more interested in that, yes
FlorayG

Return to Discussion