A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Say what you see...

Re: Say what you see...

Postby spottygiraffe » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:10 am

Sharonm wrote: I just saw a chair seat!

Not half, it's a full-blown Chippendale! It was Jennie who pointed out to me (ages ago now) that it was my saddle that was hindering my leg position for dressage, but it was actually alright for jumping.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby HighJinx » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:05 pm

There is quite a difference to the overall pic of you both now! You have progressed a lot :thumbup: Main thing that jumps out at me is that her back end is left behind and also cant make the pic bigger but she looks hollow behind the saddle.
HighJinx

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:02 pm

Here are a couple of Ali & Fina taken in her lesson yesterday.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356264142.013967.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356264142.013967.jpg (95.91 KiB) Viewed 470 times

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356264160.540332.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356264160.540332.jpg (93.28 KiB) Viewed 470 times
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby JennieF » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:20 pm

Not much time to comment but Ali does always seem to ride v short ....
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Sharonm » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:54 pm

I'd like to see her sitting further back in the saddle with longer stirrups!
She's getting big on fina now isn't she!
Sharonm

Postby fabikat » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:13 pm

ooh very critical ladies, but isn't it good to get everyones view :xmassmile: :xmaswink:

I like the first foto. From the angle it is taken they both look to be in good balance, both looking ahead and with a secure but allowing contact.
Fina looks to be working truly forwards.
In the second foto I see a good line from Alis shoulders through elbows and hands to Finas mouth.
For me she is not riding too short as you need to take the size of Fina into consideration and I think the compromise here is good. I would like to see her push weight down through her knees a little and move her whole foot back so her heel lies below her hip. I think we would then see quite a pleasing picture.
katy x
fabikat

Postby Sharonm » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:18 pm

:oops: sorry riding teacher head on and just looking at what I'd correct! :oops:
I do like the way she is just sitting having fun with her pony, overall they look as one together especially in the canter pic and mostly, she looks nice and safe and secure!
Sharonm

Postby fabikat » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:28 pm

hey Sharon, don't put your :oops: on, that's what this thread is about, saying what we see. my first impression when I saw the fotos was quite good , they do make a good team.
Ali does need to make subtle adjustments to her position because she almost has a 'water-skiing' position but she and Fina generally look comfortable together and as you said 'nice and secure'.
katy x
fabikat

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:07 am

Sharonm wrote:I'd like to see her sitting further back in the saddle with longer stirrups!
She's getting big on fina now isn't she!

This is the problem, Fina is 13.2hh and Ali is 5' 5" and as F is so fine, she doesn't take the leg up like Ches does who is only an inch taller...... :? We have tried lengthening the stirrups but Ali says she's not so comfortable.

Sharonm wrote::oops: sorry riding teacher head on and just looking at what I'd correct! :oops:

Absolutely fine, that's why I posted them! Ali does tend to have the lower leg too far forwards and loook armchairy, but again, I thinks it's those long legs. I should have married a shorter bloke, I guess :xmaswink: :xmaslaugh:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby JennieF » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:09 pm

I do think the first photo is lovely they look so 'together' :thumbup: :thumbup:

Its possible that the saddle is not helping as it looks like the stirrup bar is placed well forward...... but 5'5" on a 13.2 is rather close to the limit - she will def need something bigger v soon - 'enter Kinna' :hurray: Ali's riding has def come on and I would have thought she would be perfectly capable of taking Kinna on now :thumbup:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion