A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

"Things That Go BUMP In The Night!"

"Things That Go BUMP In The Night!"

Postby poneysPie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:41 am

Sounded suspiciously like there was a pony(ies) on the lawn but as it was intermittent and of short duration I persuaded myself I was imagining things and went back to sleep - my neck's gone out of kilter again and I had taken a muscle relaxant so was loath to get up & investigate :oops: :hide:

Eventually got up at 6am after a particularly loud "BUMP!" & a bark from Eoc. Looked out the window and saw Rab who looked like he was possibly on the lawn but as it was pitch black I couldn't decipher which side of the fence he was on. Got dressed and went downstairs looked out the kitchen window - nothing amiss so I got the fire going, made my coffee, got Eoc up and went outside. No ponies in sight, could hear the fence ticking too "Phew that's a relief, put it down to your imagination, Nicky" turned to go back inside and saw Willow standing by the car!!! Walked back across the gravel and there's Targo & Rab by the fence trying to get into the newly sewn paddock, Ben & Dolly mincing about by the woodpile and quite a few dung piles in the yard :thumbdown: Good job the gates were closed!!!

As it was pitch black the easiest thing to do was let them into the lovely lush grass in the newly sown paddock, off to sort the buggers out now before they make too much of mess in there.

All my own fault too..... I had noticed the latch on the gate through to the lawn wasn't going properly into the hole but it didn't open when I "tested" so I assumed it would be fine :doh:
“Ask often; be content with little, praise a great deal.” (Nuno Oliveira)
poneysPie

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: "Things That Go BUMP In The Night!"

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:17 am

Look on the bright side, at least you didn't get a call from the Mairie saying they were in someone else's garden, like Jane and I once did :oops: :lol:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:05 am

Oh dear! Little monkeys sound like they had a great time.
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:50 am

Oh no!!!! But it could have been so much worse.

Hey, your neck doesn't sound good. Are you ok?
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Tanya » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:25 am

Don't you just HATE it :hissyfit: when that happens - at least they didn't go too far and you shut the gate .
Tanya

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:54 am

So they'd opened the gate from the field :roll: Little buggers indeed :lol: Know what you mean about bumps in the night; sometimes I stick my head out of the window if I think I've heard something. Once it was a couple of Merens in the basement :lol: two black shapes "bumping" around; had to give them back next day, rather reluctantly :lol:
littlewhitehorse

Postby JennieF » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:20 pm

At least Brad's not there at the moment so you can get the mess cleared up before he sees it :thumbup:

I like the sound of 'a couple of Merens in the basement' Sheila - a shame they couldnt stay ....

My electric fencer had stopped working last night and they had been leaning over the fence when I got up there this morning but it was all still up thank goodness ...
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby poneysPie » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:25 pm

Helen, i've never had a call from the Mairie but once had the neighbour at the door in the middle of the night to tell me there was a horse in his garden :eek:

To be fair Shiela, the handle was dodgie so they probably just leaned against the gate or tugged a bit too hard on the haynet I have a bad habit of hanging from it :oops: Going by the dung piles strategically deposited around the yard & garden, the massive skid marks on the lawn and the hoofprint divets in the gravel the sods had a right :party: out there last night AND it looks like it started early as the haynets were hardly touched. As it stopped raining I decided to leave them in the newly grown paddock, it'll keep them away from the dodgie gate and out of trouble. They have done nothing but stuff their faces then lie down for wee rests all day so no haynets for them tonight. Good job their isn't much goodness in the grass at this time of year.

Sarah, I'm feeling a bit better thanks. Neck itself is not sore just got a constant headache and I can't get an appointment with the Osteo till next Wednesday :hissyfit:
“Ask often; be content with little, praise a great deal.” (Nuno Oliveira)
poneysPie

Return to Daily ramblings