A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

awol

awol

Postby Trudi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:57 am

Apologies for not being around much the last few days but I've been laid up with what I thought was a tummy bug. Long story cut short after lots of tests last night it looks like it could be gall bladder trouble will now more when they've done scans. Hope to feel well enough to catch up soon :wave:
Trudi

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: awol

Postby JennieF » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:05 am

:hug: :hug: :hug: hope you are feeling better soon J x
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:33 am

Wondered where you were, hope you're soon on the mend :hug:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:25 pm

Bad luck, very sorry to hear that you've been poorly and not just busy; whatever it is I hope it goes away quickly! Have some :hug:
littlewhitehorse

Postby M-E » Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Sorry to hear that you have been unwell Trudi, I hope you get sorted soon and are back on form in no time :hug:
M-E

Postby spottygiraffe » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:43 pm

Hi Trudi

I had to have my gallbladder removed ten years ago, so if you have any questions then just ask. Try cutting out fat -it's not a permanent solution but when I was waiting a year for my operation I cut out all fat and I didn't have any bouts during that time. The op was really straightforward and I was back at work after 2 weeks.

However, :hug: :hug: :hug: have a few of those -from what I remember the pain of the stones shifting around is worse than childbirth :sad:

I don't want to hijack your thread but I also apologise for being awol. Seeing as the thread is titled awol I thought it would be ok if I explain on here too.... I had visitors here last week and we went skiing and then it was Sylvie's wedding, for which I did the catering. I seriously underestimated how much time it would take! The wedding was at 11am, I was a witness and I still had one of the cakes in the oven at 10.40! Our car smelt amazing because it had piping hot pizzas and cakes in it -the pizzas were for serving with apéritifs and they were the perfect temperature still. Sylvie wanted curry for the main courses and they went down well with the French -I am converting them little by little :lol: Anyway, we had other wedding guests staying with us on Saturday night, so the weekend just disappeared. Then today I went to Felix's school to give an English lesson. I read Goldilocks and the Three Bears and we did some vocab from that. It was a 90-minute lesson so really really long for 8-year olds and I ended up teaching them Simon Says. In amongst all of that the vines are looking ready to burst their buds and I've still got a ridiculous amount of pruning to do :random: Thank goodness the evenings are getting longer -I'm off out there now, so see you later :wave:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Bonbon » Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:10 pm

I wondered where you were. I hope you're feeling better soon. :hug: :hug:
It's probably no consolation, but my mum had a problem with her gall bladder and they took it out with keyhole surgery. It was a straightforward op and my mum was fine. I hope it doesn't come to that, obviously xx
Bonbon

Postby Trudi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:52 pm

Thanks all :-D am feeling a bit better on and off but have got the scan on Thursday so should no more then. I thought you had had the op Sarah, I remember when you were investigating that dropped right shoulder. Taken your advice already and what little food I can manage to eat is fat free, the thought of not eating cheese for a year is appalling :shock:
My Mum had it too Di but back in the days when they sliced you open, it is quite genetically linked so watch out. I had some warning signs but never put two and two together :doh:
Sarah your life sounds as full on as ever, don't overdo things :hug:
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Great that you've got a scan so quickly :thumbup: . I had loads of little stones rather than one or two big ones. Yes, it is genetic -my Mum and my grandmother both had gallstones at an early age like me.

Trudi wrote:the thought of not eating cheese for a year is appalling

Well you shouldn't have to wait a year for the op :crossfingers: My rule of thumb was that I ate anything with less than 4 grams of fat in it, so low fat cheese was ok. The 4g was a totally arbitrary figure but it seemed to work for me.

Hope you're feeling better today :hug:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Trudi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks Sarah, the Tramadol really help with the pain but make me a tad woosy so probably best I don't post much at the mo!
Trudi

Next

Return to Daily ramblings