A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Wednesday witterings

Re: Wednesday witterings

Postby Trudi » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Finally fitted a very short run in and blimey I am unfit again :( oh well it can only get better!
Trudi

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Well done, Trudi. You'll get back into it. Have you got fewer hills in Exmoor? :shock:

Have a lovely time with your Mum and aunt, ME. I am going to see my Mum tomorrow too -in England. We should be there in time for a fish and chip supper! Will be even more delicious because I have been calorie counting in order to squeeze into my dress for the wedding (I can :hurray: ).

See you all when I get back -will be Monday before I get online.

And a stunning photo to share with you before I go:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?f ... 450&type=1

Thoughts anyone?
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:51 am

Off to the wet & windy UK today; just putting my shorts & tshirts away & digging out the winter coat. Somehow even when it's wet here you don't need so much stuff...
littlewhitehorse

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:59 am

Sheila, I FROZE when I was in the UK at the weekend. We're just not used to chilly weather! Have a lovely time :wave:

Day 3 of the harvest today. We've got 5,000 litres safely in tank; should be about 8,000 by the end of the morning if all goes to plan. I am not into it at all -I have got a cold and it is pishing down so sitting on a tractor and getting sticky grape showers is not high on my list of priorities :thumbdown:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Trudi » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:05 am

Have a lovely time Sheila, I'm used to the cold and wet now :lol:

Hope it's all over soon for you Sarah, sounds like a rotten job!

Good morning for us, boys had jabs and the vet was lovely and they behaved perfectly. Back to only have tet every other year now :thumbup: Played in the school with Chaps, we have some big cones so we just played touch chase :lol: he is chilling more :thumbup:
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:41 am

Glad to hear Chaps is getting more chilled :thumbup:

Bit of vid from the SNO's lesson this morning.....

Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby poneysPie » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:33 am

Woke up to a strange noise this morning, look out the window & they are harvesting the maize in the field right next to Ben's. Thinking "he'll be terrified" (he's not the bravest pone in the herd) I run downstairs, pull on the wellies go out to move him only to find he has already moved himself :o

My first thought was that he had broken the gate but no........ it had been lifted from its hinges andwas lying/hanging on it's side, still closed at the latch. The piece of electric rope which links to the top fence wire was snapped and there were very definite landing type hoof prints :? Trying to convince myself that he got the gate off the hinges then jumped it, not seeing the rope above it in is panic. Far too scary to think he tried to jump the whole lot insitu and didn't quite make it :shock: He was a bit nervy when I checked him over but thankfully not a mark on him.
“Ask often; be content with little, praise a great deal.” (Nuno Oliveira)
poneysPie

Postby JennieF » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:10 am

Whoops - poor Ben - I know how scared of tractors he is, never mind a forage harvester right next to him as its a fearsome noise when they are doing the maize - thank god he is OK - but I bet he will be sore somewhere - best you get Reiki-ing him .....
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby M-E » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:44 am

Poor Ben, hope he hasn't hurt himself, I take it's not peeing down at yours then? a proper wet day here,

Moss apears to be studying advance elertics now, I moved them last night and while trying to get the bottom handle off Moss copied me on the top handle, he had it in his mouth and was waggling it about :shock: :shock: that horse is way too bright
M-E

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:05 am

Poor Ben, hope he is OK.....

Know what you mean, M-E, Fina is far too clever at opening doors and turning taps on :roll:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

PreviousNext

Return to Daily ramblings