A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

why do I bother

why do I bother

Postby french trotter » Mon May 19, 2014 3:11 pm

Maverick is a pain to worm.... Usually he has pills, which I crush up and mix with sugar, this time I opted for a liquid wormer, which by the way tastes of apples.... Mix it in with his food, and he spend 15 mins sniffing, snorting, by which time Ocarina had devoured hers and is on the out look for more. This occurs for 5 days, as it's a five day treatment. Thank god its the last day!
french trotter

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: why do I bother

Postby Trudi » Mon May 19, 2014 3:46 pm

Mine are a nightmare and can sniff one grain of 'meds' in a million :lol: I just by the paste now.
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Mon May 19, 2014 4:30 pm

Isba can detect wormers a mile off -she hates anything chemically. I tried her with some of those wormers that they're meant to eat like treats, she took one sniff and literally galloped off to the far end of the field :roll:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Tanya » Mon May 19, 2014 6:23 pm

Sosso is a nitemare with the paste - so I bought the Equimax Tablets - Polo ate these like treats - result :-D Sorcier on the other hand move his food around ate that and at the bottom was the 6 tabs... I had to hand feed them in apple and carrot :roll: . Now I have found sugar beet... tried it this year and it worked - he had a sniff and snort but I added some cider vinegar and oil.. nothing left.
Tanya

Return to Daily ramblings