A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Saturday Stuff

Saturday Stuff

Postby spottygiraffe » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:26 am

Morning all :wave:

Just off to take OH to the airport. The children and I are going to follow on to the UK on Monday, so we might as well only have one car parked there. Going to nip into Toulouse and go to Equestra, which is the biggest horsey shop in SW France :) And Ikea, which I hate, but they do really good frames for drawings.

Will be back in time to watch the Quali for the Belgian Grand Prix :D
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Saturday Stuff

Postby Trudi » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:43 am

Have a great shopping experience Sarah, I'm off to play ponies after my toast :D
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:37 am

Let us know how the boys have settled in, Trudi.....

Didn't finish the "repas Anglais" til midnight yesterday, spent all day preparing it (Coronation Chicken and Eton Mess), then did the Randonnée, then the meal after dark, hungry buggers polished off the lot! We served Branston pickle with the cheese, they were highly suspicious of it :roll:

Map & pics of the randonnée: http://www.everytrail.com/view_trip.php?trip_id=1748193

Gorgeous full moon last night.......
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Bonbon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:41 am

Just been out to ride and found all three lying down dozing! :roll: Came back in for a cup of tea and some toast, watching F1 final practice on the red button, the weather looks awful!!
Bonbon

Postby M-E » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:32 am

Just been out for a ride on Brett, my god was he wide today :blink: I have got used to narrow Moss :lol:

Now it's back to cleaning and washing
M-E

Postby spottygiraffe » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:54 am

Di, I am also watching Praccy3 :ugeek: No idea who's going to be where this afternoon. Did you get a photo of your neds lying down?

Mmm, I love Eton Mess. How dare they be suspicious of the Branston!

ME, happy cleaning. And pmsl about narrow Mossy.

I am back from Equestra with a super duper rasp, left-handed hoof knife, hoof nippers, new mini chaps and some mud fever cream. €130 -not bad, I thought.
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Postby Bonbon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:06 pm

spottygiraffe wrote:Di, I am also watching Praccy3 :ugeek: No idea who's going to be where this afternoon. Did you get a photo of your neds lying down?

No, I didn't, never have the camera handy when I need it!
Just watching qually now, I'm a bit worried about my boy Lewis. 8-)
Bonbon

Postby Trudi » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:17 pm

We're watching quali too, lovely piece before it about the triathlon at Luton with JB! Did actually look to see if I could see you stalking Sarah ;) ;)
How very dare the Frenchies be suspicious of Branston :roll: one of the first things I bought for my new cupboard! Glad the meal went down well.
The boys are hilarious, everybody has fallen for them and Moo is entertaining everyone by trying to eat the dogs tails as they pass his door! Chaps is still somewhat shocked but is looking really well, all the lumps and bumps from French fly bites have gone and no more bum flies :thumbup: The owner of the yard is lovely and into dressage :thumbup: she loans a PRE mare so definitely on my page. The boys have a paddock to themselves and although it has grass it's not too much, they are regularly rotated around the fields so hope they don't get too fat; they've both lost a bit in travelling and look just right. We took them both in the school this morning just to have a play in hand; Moo was nonchalant and Chaps settled after about 10 minutes. We met a couple of liveries today and they are very pleasant without being in your face. So all in all a good start to our new horsey life.

Did your lot get up and get worked then Di? We NEED pics since you've been working hard with them lately ;)
Trudi

Postby Bonbon » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Trudi wrote:Did your lot get up and get worked then Di? We NEED pics since you've been working hard with them lately ;)

Yes, just come back in from working them both. Working on shoulder/in and quarters/in with Remy at walk, then trying for active, soft trot transitions. I lunged Bonbon, walk trot and canter. The walk and trot was ok, the canter was a bit 'yeehaa'. :o

Sounds like your boys have landed on their feet, so glad they're settling! Friday food in the pub, Branston and no flies, how much better can it get!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Bonbon

Postby spottygiraffe » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:04 pm

YES! My boy got pole (sorry Di :P ).

I missed the bit about the triathlon though -bugger. Was it on BBC or Sky?
Sarah x

spottygiraffe

Next

Return to Daily ramblings