A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Sunday Somethings

Re: Sunday Somethings

Postby M-E » Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:56 am

Have been back in the woods and saw loads of NEW bike tyre marks :thumbup: and even some fallen branches that are blocking the paths chopped up :-D

Totally wonderful weather here at the moment we have had three BBQ's this week and another one to be had today the temp is 23c no wind :-D :-D :-D :-D all the cats and dogs are now sleeping in the shade :lol: I rode Tiky this morning :thumbup: loved it apart from the flies :roll: :thumbdown: going to have to get some fly repellant although the temp is supposed to down to 15c tomorrow so they might all bog off then :lol:
M-E

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby littlewhitehorse » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:44 pm

And the fine weather continues :sun:

Been on edge all day waiting for the first round results of French elections and looking as if it is not surprisiingly a big vote for Le Pen and into the final round :roll: against Macron, who I hope will take it, but who knows these strange days... Another two weeks of suspense and :crossfingers:
littlewhitehorse

Postby Trudi » Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:25 am

Glad we're all getting some of this decent weather :thumbup: interesting time for France Sheila!
Trudi

Postby M-E » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:23 am

Our weather is due to break on Tuesday but we do need it :lol:

good news about the election, really hope that Macron wins the next round. found the web site for the election results, Melchron won most of our villages! with Macron second, Le Pen & Fillon swapping 3rd & 4th
M-E

Postby JennieF » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Le Pen won in Lavaur !!! It seems pretty sure that Macron will win - not sure I like him that much, but obviously much better than the alternative !!!
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:01 am

Mostly Macron near us, but a lot of the older village folk refused to vote at all.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:31 pm

Montcabrier was majority FN, as usual, Macron second; but Puy l'Evêque was Macron! A lot of people in this area were Melenchon, not sure what his attraction was except he's a character. I think this refusing to vote is very bad, or the vote blanche system in France; it's all very well not to be happy if your lot don't win, but to actively allow someone like Le Pen a chance when all votes against FN might count, is irresponsible, they will be the ones to moan later. It's a lot of sour grapes. Personally I am all for Macron, and it will be a breath of fresh air in France, Europe and politics as a whole, and hopefully turn the tide away from the far left, and why shouldn't a younger person have a go? I think it's an exciting prospect, we have had some surprises in the last year, this could just be a good one... If MLP takes it in the end I might have to change my mind about taking French nationality...
Another 2 weeks suspense :roll:
littlewhitehorse

Postby M-E » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:34 pm

:agree: Shelia, turn out was well over 80% up here but I have heard a few people saying that they don't think they will bother for the next one :thumbdown:

We just mange to squeeze a vote in the UK elections, if it had been 2020 we would be way pass the 15 years limit and I know who I am NOT voting for :rofl:
M-E

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:26 pm

M-E wrote:We just mange to squeeze a vote in the UK elections, if it had been 2020 we would be way pass the 15 years limit and I know who I am NOT voting for :rofl:

:thumbup: :thumbup:
littlewhitehorse

Postby Tess and Organza » Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:13 am

Really pleased with the ponies condition, Since friday, everyone seems to have dropped weight but I think its just that they are using muscles and mini muscles constantly now, so looking toned and alert, there are clods of fur in the bushes, self furminating for the birds. Deer cross to go drink and the girls move constantly, sensing their new surroundings, the wind, new smells, new tastes,tearing at grass which is nice and dry and herby nibbling gorse. Netty has kept her muzzle on each night between half six in the evening till half eight in the morning so avoiding sugar peaks, she's so happy in herself, grazing nose by nose with Ganz, and no fighting with Kyrie, so far so good, keeping up her cush x gold religiously, but her movements are more fluid than Ive seen in two years and Kyries frog thrush has cleared on its own in 24 hours. Miss them beside me but happy they are happy with 7 or 8 months of prairie ahead before coming home for deeper winter and paddock time.
Leading Netty out in hand tomorrow, 30 mins trot walk for us both :)
sorry to so lazily post from fb!!
Really want to start a new blog but feel ive started and given up so many times, so am waiting a bit!
Tess and Organza

PreviousNext

Return to Daily ramblings