A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Postal matches

Re: Postal matches

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:30 am

I recommend getting one of these http://www.quicksarchery.co.uk/index.ph ... duct_id=97 cheap and cheerful, doesn't matter if horse spooks and you have to chuck it on the ground, easy to draw. Get them to send you some Easton Neos arrows to go with but ask them to fletch them with feathers (plastic vanes will come off and/or hurt your hand, since we shoot from the hand) If you phone the blokes at Quicks they are very helpful, or there is a store at Honiton, is that far from you?

Sun 23rd April we will be down at Avalon Mounted Archers near Taunton, if you fancy coming along to have a go?
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby Trudi » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:48 pm

I have a clinic in East Devon that day Helen or I would definitely have come :sad:
I know the guys at Honiton- we do pop in but as you say they are good at advice and sending stuff.
I've got stacks on at the mo but will get my head around this asap- like where to get some basic shooting lessons etc.
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:50 pm

You could do a beginner's archery course at Lydia' s club, good for basic range safety, posture when shooting, form etc, but the target bows bear little resemblance to ours, and are totally different to shoot (Mike had a go with mine yesterday and shot two arrows through the shed :wink: ).

Or let's make a date when you're free (I'm not too busy in May - so far!) and we can do the introductory stuff and leave you with something to practise?
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:01 pm

That would be brilliant Helen- I will buy the bow you suggested so that I can begin to get the boys used to it. How about targets? Oh actually I think Lydia has a foam one in the garage that might do to start with but any recommendations welcome.

So I'm away with a Welsh clinic the first week end in May how about the second weekend- at the moment either day as I can rearrange Sunday lessons without a problem this far ahead. Might have my German yard mate interested too :thumbup:
Trudi

Postby Trudi » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:08 pm

And there's more...the arrows...Lydia has an old set of Easton platinums going spare if I get feathers for them would they be any good?
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:04 am

Second weekend in May is fine for me. Sat or Sun?

Re arrows, depends on the spine, i.e. how stiff they are. Will be 4 numbers written on them somewhere, like 1916 or 2013......the little bows are only about 15lbs draw weight (how much effort it takes to draw it) so only need fairly limber arrows. we can have a look at them when we come over.
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:01 am

Doesn't matter to me Helen- take your pick and I'll make sure the farm is free- Sunday is sometimes nicer for travelling. Do you want me to see if anyone else wants to play?
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:42 pm

Sunday it is then, and yes, if others fancy a go, I can bring some extra kit :-D Image
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:20 pm

:-D :thumbup:
littlewhitehorse

Postby fabikat » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:33 pm

:thumbup:
katy x
fabikat