http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 01986.html
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Would you?

Postby Late Starter » Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:48 pm

Surely the important thing is how you treat the animal when it is alive, rather than what you do with it's remains? Or am I being a bit denser than usual here? :hide:
Late Starter

Postby JennieF » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:25 pm

not sure I would, but might feed it to the dogs .... but what are the chances of having a dead horse that hadnt been pumped full of drugs just before it died ????
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Chevalblanc » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:06 pm

Late Starter wrote:Surely the important thing is how you treat the animal when it is alive, rather than what you do with its remains?

:agree:

Still people round here who get the hunt kennelmaster to come and shoot horses and feed them to the hounds, cheaper than getting a vet to pump it full of drugs and then getting the body taken away for cremation....
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Sat Jan 09, 2016 5:57 pm

No but then I don't eat meat :wink: I don't have an issue with it in general terms though.
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:43 pm

I most certainly wouldn't do it myself and I think it is more than a bit weird but I don't have a problem with anyone else doing it, if the horse was going to die anyway.

I suppose in vegan terms it is saving a different animal being killed for its meat.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Tess and Organza » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:56 pm

I absolutely could NOT :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: and :vomit: again! Sorry! big reaction from me, I agree with the meat production issues, but yes the horse had had a serious accident and was probably full of drugs, but it's just a personal thing, I'm an idiot really, I'd open the freezer and cry :roll: I could no sooner do this than eat my dog....
Tess and Organza

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Jan 10, 2016 9:03 pm

People kept saying that when I blogged about eating horsemeat, "You wouldn't eat your dog, would you?" Well of course not, I've seen what she eats :vomit: :vomit: Best to stick to eating herbivores......

I would assume that the horse wasn't full of drugs if it was declared fit for human consumption? And she presumably knew what treatment it had had? Funny how folks are happy to eat some meat they bought in Asda knowing nothing about how it was reared, what it was fed or how it died but go all fluffy about us eating horses or bunnies, or slaughtering and eating our own chooks and ducks..... :hmmm:
Helen

Chevalblanc

Postby Tess and Organza » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:09 am

Chevalblanc wrote:People kept saying that when I blogged about eating horsemeat, "You wouldn't eat your dog, would you?" Well of course not, I've seen what she eats :vomit: :vomit: Best to stick to eating herbivores......

I would assume that the horse wasn't full of drugs if it was declared fit for human consumption? And she presumably knew what treatment it had had? Funny how folks are happy to eat some meat they bought in Asda knowing nothing about how it was reared, what it was fed or how it died but go all fluffy about us eating horses or bunnies, or slaughtering and eating our own chooks and ducks..... :hmmm:

Which is why I said that I can understand the confused ethics, and agree yes that it is better to eat an animal whose history you know has been looked after correctly and humanely, ditto for its slaughter, but there is a big difference between an animal raised in this way for slaughter and an animal that has been your 'friend' as the lady herself put it.Way too weird for me that. I would not eat any of my friends under any circumstances. Sorry but there it is, can't agree on this one :wink:
Tess and Organza

Postby JennieF » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:23 am

:agree: Tess - I could not/would not eat one of my horses but I guess if the meat was going to waste I might use it for the dogs ... but it would have to live in a separate freezer ....
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Next

Return to In the news.....