A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Would you?

Re: Would you?

Postby M-E » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:31 pm

I just wondered if he had been given drugs that had say a years hold on it rather than a lifelong hold, just as well the riding school never changed his paperwork as he might have lost his NHC and would have gone with some others before I got there.
M-E

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby JennieF » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:33 pm

I read something somewhere about them taking NHC off paperwork unless you actually asked to keep it ... which sort negates the whole idea ...
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby M-E » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:06 am

:agree: Jennie and I could not find anywhere on his paperwork where I could ask for it to stay either.

There was a post going round a few months saying that some government bright spark had come up with the idea that all horses, young and old would have go to a abattoir instead of being put down at home, as there is a shortage of horse meat for sale! the fact that a 30 year old horse is going to bit a bit tough and have no flesh plus all the drugs that most old or ill horses have in their system make the mind boggle.
M-E

Postby Tess and Organza » Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:57 am

I bloody hope that doesn't happen, because if it does I will be obtaining what I need and putting mine down myself one day, in their field with as least stress as I can. Oh goodness, mustn't think about all that! :sad:
Tess and Organza

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Jan 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Don't think I'd be believing that unless it turned up somewhere on an official French website, there are always lots of myths floating around......
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:29 pm

It seemed to be a proper site, I just can't find it at the moment, I know one of the French members translated it and thought it was real but yes loads of hoax out I will have another to find it
M-E

Postby littlewhitehorse » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:49 pm

This one got you all going didn't it :lol: :lol: I don't check in for a couple of days and suddenly a big discussion I been missing :lol:
I agree with everybody! Not going to be eating mine though.
littlewhitehorse

Postby M-E » Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:06 pm

Ok Helen found the petion what do you think? it's way past my level of French so had to rely on others

https://www.change.org/p/pour-le-droit- ... reason_msg

Change normaly have correct stuff but anybody can put anything up :roll: :lol:
M-E

Postby Chevalblanc » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:25 am

Exactly, anyone can start a petition on there. That one has a lot of statistics but no references to where they came from. According to them, the government released a report saying the number of horses going for slaughter needs to increase from 36% to 50%. So not saying at all that 100% of horses must go to the butcher. Also claiming that 70% of French people are against horse slaughter, but no reference as to where that statistic comes from.

At the end, they call for the right to be able to bury their horses at home, saying it's allowed in many other countries. Not in the UK it isn't...... :hmmm:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby M-E » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:34 am

Cheers Helen :thumbup:
M-E

Previous

Return to In the news.....